Cara A. Boyanowski
Family Law, Divorce, Custody & Wills and Estate Lawyer
Print This Page
Cara A. Boyanowski’s family law practice includes representing clients in simple and complex divorces, support, custody, alimony, step-parent adoptions, name change matters, wills and estate planning and guardianship matters. Ms. Boyanowski works with clients primarily who reside in Central Pennsylvania particularly Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Cumberland, Adams, Franklin, Perry, Juniata, Mifflin, Centre, Snyder, Schuylkill, and York counties. Her family law practice has also led her to adjudicate matters before the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts.
As a wills and estates practitioner, she represents clients in the preparation and drafting of their last wills and testaments, powers of attorney, and living wills. With estates, she prepares the documents necessary to begin the probate process, as well as, assists Executors throughout the probate and administrative process, from valuing and selling assets, satisfying debts, and preparing Estate Tax Returns. She also assists clients with name changes and guardianship actions through various county Orphan’s Court divisions.
She is the current chairwoman for the Heinz-Menaker Senior Center and currently serves as a director on the Central Dauphin School District Board. She previously served on the Executive Board of the "Go Red for Women" American Heart Association Luncheon in 2014. She served as an active CASA volunteer for the Cumberland County Court of Common Pleas from 2009-2011 and annually participates in the American Cancer Society's Breast Cancer Walk on City Island.
Ms. Boyanowski has lectured on family law subjects for the Dauphin County Bar Association, National Business Institute, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, and the Coalition for Domestic Violence program, as well as, participated in and presented many divorce and custody law clinics for pro-bono parties. She wrote several domestic law editorials for Woman magazine, a quarterly publication in Dauphin and Cumberland counties, as well as, Central Pennsylvania Parent Magazine.
Professional & Community Activities
- American Dauphin County Bar Association (Family Law Section Council Chairwoman 2002-2007; 2011-present;Chairwoman, 2004-2006)
- “Go Red for Women" American Heart Association Luncheon (Committee Member)
- Heinz-Menaker Senior Center (Chairwoman, 2010 - present)
- Editorial Staff Writer for Woman's Magazine (2013 - present)
- Dauphin County Board of Arbitration Appointment (2015)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Related Articles & Publications
Related Firm News
Related Blogs Posts
- What Would Bond Do?
- The Trials of Co-Parenting with a Histrionic Personality
- Marital Property Versus Non-Marital Property
- Registration of Out of State Custody Orders
- What are my Custodial Rights and Financial Responsibilities Toward my Eighteen Year Old Child?
- Recent Changes in Pet Custody
- Changes to Section 3301(D) of the Pennsylvania Divorce Code
- Pitt/Jolie Ongoing Saga
- Pennsylvania Wiretap Laws in the Wake of the West/Swift Snapchat Debacle
- How Much is a Fifteen Month Marriage Worth? (Depp and Heard Divorce)
- What’s in a Name?
- STALKING: From Adele to Andrews
- Whose Your Mommy? Legality of Surrogacy Contracts
- What is a Protection From Abuse (PFA) order?
- Hearts and Roses Versus GPS and Monitoring Devices
- PATERNITY AND MARITAL STATUS
- What Happens to the Youngest Victim of the San Bernardino Shooting?
- Stefani/Shelton Relationship: What is the Timeline for Children to Meet New Partners?
- House of Horrors: What is the Purpose of Children and Youth Services?
- A Tale of Two Distributions: Equitable Versus Estate In the Wake of the Kardashian/Odom Divorce
- "You Can’t Fix Stupid" – The Effects of Social Media and Family Law
- How Does Child Custody Law Work in Pennsylvania?
- Father Plus Step-Father Equals Happy Bride!
- Can I Date After I Separate?
- Do Protection From Abuse Orders Work?
- Religion Versus Government: The Current State of Same-Sex Marriage Licenses In the South
- International Custody in Relation to the Kelly Rutherford Custody Trial
- How Does Ashley Madison Membership Affect PA Divorces?
- Schooling and Divorce
- Pennsylvania Prenuptial Agreements
- Fault Ground Divorces in Pennsylvania
- What to Expect in a Dauphin County Custody Conciliation Conference
- Grandparent Custody Rights in Pennsylvania
- Catholic Annulment Procedures
- Can I Be Legally Separated in Pennsylvania?
- When Can a Child Pick Which Parent to Live With?
- What additional expenses can you receive for child care in PA?
- Pennsylvania Child Custody Attorneys Explain What Happens in a Child Support Conference
- PA divorce attorneys discuss the types of spousal support are available in Pennsylvania.
- Does custody time with a child affect the amount of child support that is paid?
- Paying for your divorce in Pennsylvania?
- How is the marital residence handled in a Pennsylvania divorce?
- What do the courts look at in determining custody of a child in Pennsylvania?
- What is a protection from abuse (PFA) order?
- How are Support Payments Enforced in Pennsylvania?
- How Does Child Custody Law Work in Pennsylvania?
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.