“I’m a problem solver. I find solutions to my clients’ problems because I’m close enough to understand the business or finance issue at hand, but removed enough to see other possible options or strategies.”
Dave is the Chairman of the Firm as well as the Chair of both the Business and Finance Department and the Workout and Lender Liability group.
Dave’s goal is to create solutions for his clients. He not only negotiates legal documents and agreements, he also adds value as a trusted business law advisor. He often participates in his clients’ business meetings, assisting in shaping a strategic vision of a business’ future and providing advice on how to best deal with an ongoing business problem.
Dave is devoted to his family. As a father of four, he is often running to the tennis court, basketball game, a band concert, or another after-school activity. Dave is also active in his synagogue, in politics, and is an avid baseball and basketball fan.
Dave’s clients range from small family-owned businesses to some of the largest financial institutions in the United States. His diverse and extensive experience includes providing counsel to clients on public finance – both governmental clients and private sector clients seeking access to public finance opportunities – as well as zoning and general corporate and real estate issues, including handling the workout of complex financing projects and structuring of multi-million dollar real estate developments.
Some of Dave’s notable cases include:
- Representing a regional lender in a complex financing of a project for a developer who was leasing an entire building to a national tenant;
- Successfully negotiating the sale of an 85-year old family business, maximizing the value for the client while satisfying the interests of various family members;
- Representing a regional developer in a joint venture with a local municipality in taking an environmentally unsound building and converting it into a viable mixed-use building which houses the municipality’s Borough Hall and offices;
- Representing the owner of a national industrial company to restructure the company’s debt, structure a trust that ensured clear succession upon the owner’s death, and assisting in obtaining financing to acquire a new corporate facility and related equipment;
- Leading a team of litigators and bankruptcy attorneys for a regional bank through a complex maze of business issues involved in lender liability litigation;
- Handling the workout of complex financing projects and structuring of multi-million dollar real estate developments for regional banks as well as developers;
- Counseling corporate clients on public finance, zoning, general corporate, and real estate issues;
- Representing numerous financial institutions and businesses in structuring debt, acquisitions, and mergers;
- Serving as solicitor for the Conshohocken Zoning Hearing Board, and as counsel for the Conshohocken Authority, Borough of Lansdale, and Montgomery County finance;
- Serving as special counsel for Eastern Montgomery County Waste Authority and Norristown Municipal Waste Authority, and has served as special counsel for both Norristown Borough and Falls Township, as well as Spartanburg County, South Carolina, regarding landfill and waste management issues; and
- Assisting entertainment clients in partnership agreements and corporate structuring for various entities.
Dave currently serves as the Chair of the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority and also presently serves on the Board of Directors of both the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB) and the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) Board of Directors. Previously, he served on the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority the Montgomery County Development Corporation Board of Directors and as the Treasurer of the Montgomery County Democratic Party.
He served as a law clerk for the Hon. Lawrence S. Margolis of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. He was also vice chair of the Montgomery County Democratic Committee (2002-2006) and served as director of visibility and volunteer activities for the Joe Hoeffel for Congress Campaign in 1996.
Dave has been voted an “Awesome Attorney,” in Suburban Life magazine, December 2013.
He was also named one of “Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers®” in 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011, and 2010, and named to the Philadelphia Business Journal’s annual “40 Under 40 List” in 2004, which recognizes 40 individuals under the age of 40 who are leading performers in their respective industries and communities. Dave was selected as one of “Pennsylvania’s Rising Stars” as noted in Philadelphia magazine and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars Edition in 2007, 2006, and 2005. Additionally, Dave is “AV Preeminent” Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell.
In civic life, Dave serves on the board of directors of Lisa’s Army, an organization that provides comfort to those undergoing cancer treatment. He also served as the vice president of Congregation Or Ami, is a lifetime (i.e. 25+ year) member of the Spring Mill Fire Company No.1, and a committee person for the Democratic Party in Whitemarsh, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.