“My clients are not just a billable hour to me. I honestly care about my clients’ problems and it is important to me that they are happy with their representation. That is what gives me satisfaction. I am approachable and caring. I go out of my way to help my clients. It is important to me that things are done properly and that my clients are protected. ”
Stephanie is an attorney in Obermayer’s Trusts & Estates Department, focusing her practice in Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Tax Law, and Guardianships.
Stephanie’s customized approach to estate planning provides her clients with personalized attention to address their unique circumstances. Stephanie reviews all elements of her clients’ financial and personal situations with attention to detail, which enables her to plan accordingly so her clients’ wishes are fulfilled. She works closely with her clients to create a seamless process of passing down their legacies and protecting their heirs.
Stephanie is also passionate about representing the best interests of alleged incapacitated individuals, whether she is court appointed or representing an individual petitioner. Stephanie takes time to speak with all parties involved and investigate for any signs of financial/medical neglect.
When Stephanie is not in the office, she is typically engaged in public service as the Mayor of Pottstown or Pottstown Rotary Club member. Stephanie also enjoys tending to her little zoo, currently of three cats (Wednesday, Bagheera, and Margot Hemingway), a one-eyed turtle named Mighty Monks, and African Cichlids.
In her free time, Stephanie loves to create mixed media art, ride horses, garden, upcycle furniture, and visit her family in California.
Stephanie has extensive experience in Estate Planning, preparing Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Healthcare Powers of Attorney, as well as representing alleged incapacitated individuals. Stephanie has a Masters in Tax Law with a Certificate in Estate Planning from Villanova.
Besides her legal career, Stephanie currently serves as the Mayor of Pottstown, PA.
Stephanie genuinely enjoys helping people, giving them peace of mind, and making their life easier, with the experience and knowledge she has gained.
Stephanie is an active member of the Pottstown Rotary Club, striving to live her life, both personal and professional, in a manner that exemplifies the Rotary motto “Service Above Self”. The club supports local, national, and international community service projects that address many of today’s most critical issues.
Stephanie was honored with a Paul Harris Fellow recognition for her dedication to many of Pottstown Rotary’s volunteer initiatives including fundraising, literacy, Adopt-a-Highway, Halloween Parade, Person of the Year Event, Four Way Speech Contest, Strike out for Hunger, and Community Talent Show.
Stephanie was included in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list from 2016-2018, and in The Legal Intelligencer’s Lawyers on the Fast-Track list in 2018. She has been selected as one of 40 under 40 Montgomery County Millennial Superstars for 2021.
Stephanie’s Professional Affiliations include:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member Probate & Tax Section
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member Elder Law Section
- Montgomery County Estate Planning Council, Member
Civic & Community Activities
- Mayor, Pottstown, 2018- Present
- Pennsylvania State Mayor’s Association, 2018 – Present
- Schuylkill River Passenger Rail Authority (SRPRA) – Board member – 2023 – Present
- Pottstown Rotary – Board of Directors, Member, 2016-Present
- Pottstown NAACP, 2020-Present
- Montgomery County Regional Climate Action Plan Steering Committee, 2021 – Present
- Wills for Heroes, 2014-Present
- Pottstown Downtown Improvement District Authority (PDIDA)- Board of Directors, 2016-2018
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), 2016-2017
- Boyertown Rod & Gun Association, 2014-2015
- Relay For Life of Boyertown. 2014-2015