“My goal is to prepare and guide clients through the often-stressful litigation process as efficiently and seamlessly as possible, effectively communicating with them at all times, so that they understand and are satisfied with the outcome I help them achieve.”
Sam focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, representing clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey’s courts. She represents developers, business owners, landlords and tenants in a wide variety of commercial real estate matters and breach of contract disputes. Sam’s work also includes representing real estate agents in liability claims involving sales of property (i.e., property defects and breach of duty claims), and managing: indemnity claims; insurance issues; mechanic’s liens; prompt payment; and construction defect claims.
Sam prepares and guides clients through the litigation process as efficiently and seamlessly as possible, and maintains an objectively realistic outlook of each claim. She believes that the key to client success is clear and responsive communication, and makes it her goal to give her clients the opportunity to be heard to have a full understanding of their priorities and concerns. Armed with that information, Sam is then able to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of a client’s position and suggest the best course of action to take. She is always conscientious of her clients’ time as well as the financial and mental toll that litigation can have on them, and strives to keep her clients involved at all times.
When she is out of the office, Sam is an avid traveler and a Penn State football and Philadelphia sports fan. She also enjoys attending concerts, live comedy shows, dining out, going to the Franklin Institute and American Revolutionary War museum, and walking around and taking in all Philadelphia has to offer.
Some of Sam’s more notable cases include:
- Obtaining early dismissal on behalf of a construction management and consulting firm in a case regarding a $4 million construction and renovation project performed at a Montgomery County High School;
- Winning summary judgment on behalf of a real estate appraiser in a case alleging an appraisal negligence claim in excess of $100,000;
- Successfully defending and negotiating settlements regarding construction claims in excess of $1 million;
- Successfully negotiating an early pre-suit resolution on behalf of an insurance broker against the insured regarding a change in the homeowner’s insurance policy;
- Successfully negotiating an early pre-suit resolution on behalf of a real estate agent against a property buyer regarding claims relating to certain property defects;
- Successfully defending and striking mechanics’ liens; and
- Successfully litigating breach of commercial lease claims on behalf of both landlords and tenants.
Prior to joining Obermayer, Sam served as a legal intern for the Hon. James J. Fitzgerald in the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, where she researched and drafted memoranda and opinions on topics such as Anders briefs, PCRA, search and seizure, suppression, admissibility of evidence, and discretionary aspects of sentencing. She also worked as an administrative assistant at another Pennsylvania law firm.
While in law school, Sam was selected as a member of Order of the Coif and received several awards recognizing her outstanding academic achievements. She was also selected for inclusion in 2019 and 2020 Pennsylvania Rising Stars-the top-up-and-coming lawyers in the Commonwealth.
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.