“If it touches dirt, that's what we do. I work with my clients to solve their legal issues in real estate, land use and zoning, construction, and business and corporate law; and it is a privilege to be called on when needed by my clients.”
A partner in Obermayer’s Business & Finance Department, Nate heads the suburban land use team. He concentrates his multifaceted practice in real estate, zoning and land use, construction, business, and corporate law. He has extensive experience in representing real estate and development clients in the commercial, industrial, residential, multifamily, hospitality, and energy industries. He has also consulted buyers, sellers, owners, and tenants in drafting and negotiating commercial real estate leases, sales, and purchases of self-storage, office, retail, senior living and elder care facilities, warehouse, raw ground, and various commercial and industrial properties.
Nate focuses on reaching his clients’ objectives in the most practical manner possible. He enjoys the people and problem-solving aspects of his practice and appreciates becoming a part of his clients’ trusted circle of advisors. Nate’s prior experience as a construction project manager and municipal solicitor has given him a unique perspective, enabling him to truly relate to his clients while working through their real-world development, construction, and real estate concerns.
When not working, Nate enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters, road cycling, swimming, and reading. He rides his road bike several thousand miles per year and participates in triathlon (Sprint, Olympic, Olympic Plus, and Half-Ironman distances completed), cycling, and aquabike events.
Nate has represented clients ranging from individuals to large, multi-billion-dollar businesses. Some of his most notable cases include:
- Obtaining zoning relief, rezoning, and land development approvals in Pennsylvania and New Jersey for various commercial, residential, medical, and industrial properties;
- Obtaining a successful rezoning for apartment development in Bucks County;
- Obtaining text amendment for various commercial uses for a multi-tenant commercial and scientific/tech complex;
- Negotiating favorable settlements for clients facing zoning enforcement action and private causes of action under the M.P.C. and local ordinances;
- Representing buyers and sellers in acquisitions and dispositions of commercial properties, on matters from raw ground to properties with existing tenants;
- Representing financial institutions and borrowers in lending and refinancing transactions ranging from hundreds of thousands of dollars to over $80 million;
- Formed numerous corporate entities and restructured various businesses’ corporate structures, as well as the acquisition and sale of various business entities and related assets;
- Represented numerous contractors in reviewing and negotiating construction contracts and filing, litigating, and resolving mechanic’s lien matters in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
For seven consecutive years, Nate was selected to “Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars”. He was also included in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© List for Land Use & Zoning Law.
He is also a Consistory Member at St. Peter’s Covenant Church.
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.