“I am committed to making sure the outcome is favorable to my clients.”
Rich focuses his practice on medical malpractice and professional liability defense, representing health care providers, including hospitals, health systems, physicians, nurses, dentists, and long-term care providers in medical malpractice matters.
Rich has spent over 3 decades litigating and trying medical malpractice claims on behalf of both defendants and plaintiffs, successfully managing complex medical malpractice cases from inception to trial. He enjoys being in a courtroom and the sense of satisfaction he gets from helping his clients.
When not working, Rich likes to play the guitar and to watch sports.
Rich has over thirty years of experience handling complex medical malpractice matters.
Some of his most notable accomplishments include:
- Litigated one of the first EMTALA victories in the district of New Jersey
- Successfully litigated $8.5M verdict in hypoxic brain injury to a newborn
- Handled numerous arbitrations resulting in awards from $10K to $1M
- Proposed and passed resolutions in the Philadelphia Bar Association including hate crimes legislation, bar election procedures, and state civil justice.
Rich is a published author and frequent lecturer. He is a member of the American Bar Association and a Zone One Delegate for the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He was included in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® lists in 2006, 2007, and 2008 and was a recipient of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas’ Pro Bono Service Award.
Rich served as Chair of the Board of Governors, as well as founding Treasurer at the State Civil Litigation Section Executive Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
Some of Rich’s professional association memberships and community activities include:
- Citizens for Consumer Justice
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations
- The Justinian Society – Friend of the Justinians
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Pro Bono Activity
- United Way Day of Caring
- Legal Team Coordinator, Victory ’04 Presidential Campaign, Coordinator of Twelve Voter Precincts in Norristown Area
- Executive Committee – Friends of Jeff Lindy for Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County