“Due to my reputation as a leader in the family law community, when I represent a client, the Judge or Master regards me as an expert in the field and will give my position credence and consideration, which inures to the benefit of my client.”
David is a partner and chair of the Family Law Practice Group where he concentrates his practice in all areas of domestic relations, including divorce, custody, child support, equitable distribution, and abuse.
David is compassionate in his practice; he wants to help people successfully get through one of the most difficult times in their lives. This allows him to represent clients in a wide range of matters involving the most personal and sensitive legal issues that affect every aspect of families in transition. With a practice that extends throughout Pennsylvania, he handles both routine and complex cases, using top notch advocacy and negotiation skills to represent individuals in every aspect of family law. David does not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, he helps his clients determine the most appropriate option for their individual case.
When David isn’t working, he enjoys playing golf and being a Penn Stater watching the Nittany Lions play football on TV or in-person.
David has 40 years of experience in family law matters, primarily in the five-county region of Eastern Pennsylvania. He has extensive experience in handling complex equitable distribution matters, custody cases for both mothers and fathers, including relocation, child, and spousal support cases for high-wealth families, and protection from abuse matters for abused children and wives.
David’s years of experience mean that he has seen hundreds of different familial situations, and he focuses on sharing that knowledge with each new client to help them better understand and handle their own unique personal situation.
David’s recent notable cases include:
- Obtained a favorable division of marital assets for a wife we represented who suffers from multiple sclerosis and other physical ailments. The result of the division provided her with a sound financial future so that she would be secure regardless of what future physical challenges she might encounter;
- Obtained an equal shared custodial arrangement for a father we represented so that the children spent as much time with him as they spent with their mother. The children felt very comfortable spending an equal amount of time with each parent and thrived in the non-conflict environment that the new homes now provided.
David sits on the Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI) Advisory Committee, which plans all continuing education family law programs for the state. He is a frequent lecturer for the PBI and was the course planner for the largest attended Pennsylvania family law seminar for 18 years – Family Law Update. He has lectured on a wide range of topics, from custody relocation to business valuation for both the Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA) and local county bar associations and area law schools. In addition, David is a former President of the PBA Family Law Section, a Fellow with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), and former President of the AAML Pennsylvania chapter.
Other recognition David has earned include:
- Selected by Best Lawyers in America (2013-2018)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® (2005-2018)
- Named Pennsylvania’s Top 100 Lawyers and Philadelphia’s Top 100 Lawyers by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®.
- Named to the National Law Journal’s list of Divorce, Trust and Estates Trailblazers (2017)
- Former Chair of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court Domestic Relations Procedural Rules Committee.
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.