“My clients’ concerns are my concerns, their issues are my issues, and I am here to help them succeed and achieve their goals. ”
Andrew is a corporate and real estate attorney. He serves as a strategic advisor, advocate and negotiator for his clients on all matters, and prioritizes being part of his client’s team, rather than just a consultant or bystander.
Andrew tailors his practice to each of his clients’ needs. He is a conscientious listener who, rather than just hearing his clients, searches to understand what they are really trying to say. By understanding each client’s unique needs, he can develop an appropriate strategy to move forward.
When he’s not working, Andrew enjoys playing tennis and basketball, reading, and napping. He’s also an avid Philadelphia sports fan, following teams at the professional and collegiate level.
Andrew primarily practices in all aspects of real estate and banking law, including acquisitions and sales of commercial and residential real property, commercial leasing, lender finance and other transactional matters. He has experience negotiating development agreements, easement agreements and agreements concerning covenants and restrictions for developers, property owners and tenants.
Andrew also concentrates his practice in counseling public and private corporations and other enterprises in simple and complex business transactions. He assists clients with corporate and contract issues, advising on day-to-day legal matters, including governance issues, entity selection and contract negotiations. He helps clients in the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, and other investment and operating entities. Andrew represents a number of the largest title insurance companies in the country in coverage and recovery matters.
Some of Andrew’s more notable cases include:
- Representing a client in $42 Million acquisition of commercial property;
- Representing a client in $18 Million acquisition of industrial property;
- Obtaining a favorable settlement on behalf of a client in a multi-million dollar lawsuit against AT&T;
- Handling all aspects of a $16 Million “roll-up” of four distributorships into a newly formed entity utilizing senior debt, mezzanine financing and venture capital investment;
- Managing all recoupment/recovery and coverage actions for several national title insurance companies in Pennsylvania; and
- As general counsel for a national payment processing company:
- developing and setting corporate policy, procedures and programs relating to the Company’s 100 employees;
- negotiating and drafting lease agreements for multiple corporate offices;
- successfully managing all legal aspects of the horizontal merger of two predecessor entities into a non-operating holding company;
- implementing and managing the Company’s merchant processing business line, significantly increasing the revenue realized by the Company; and
- managing all aspects of the Company’s acquisition by a Canadian public company.
Prior to joining Obermayer, Andrew founded and operated a successful law practice concentrating in all aspects of real estate, commercial litigation, corporate, transactional, and employment law matters.
Andrew is a Past President of Congregation Or Ami in Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania.
- MMA Business Magazine – April 2011 – “Non-Compete Agreements: A Necessary Evil”
- MMA Business Magazine – August 2011 – “Are you Properly Insured? Essential Coverages to Protect Your Business Assets & Yourself”
- MMA Business Magazine –October 2011 – “Contract Issues to Keep in Mind”
- Member Solutions Business Building Blog – June 23, 2011 – “When Disaster Strikes: Tips for Business Survival”
- Member Solutions Business Building Blog – May 17, 2011 – “Employee Handbooks: Key to Effective Employee Relations and Management”
- Member Solutions Business Building Blog – January 13, 2011 – “Health Insurance 101: Sources, Types and Terminology”
- Member Solutions Business Building Blog – November 16, 2010 – “5 Errors to Avoid: Employee Discipline”
- Member Solutions Business Building Blog – June 1, 2010 – “8 Best Practices for Hiring Employees”
- Member Solutions Business Building Blog – May 13, 2010 – “PCI Compliance: What Is It, How It Affects You”
- Member Solutions Business Building Blog – April 13, 2010 – “Refereeing Your Business Relationship”
- March 31, 2011 – Member Solutions Business Building Blog – “Is Eric an Independent Contractor or Employee?”
- December 21, 2010 – Member Solutions Business Building Blog – “Accepting Credit Card/Debit Card Payments? Make sure you are PCI Compliant!”