“While I revere both qualities: I value great character over great talent.”
Henry is a partner in Obermayer’s Litigation Department and a member of the Catastrophic Loss Group. He focuses his practice on commercial litigation, product liability, catastrophic loss and liability, and professional liability. He represents commercial and industrial entities including product manufacturers, private services providers, financial service providers, healthcare delivery systems, individuals and private clients, as well as real estate owners, managers, developers, and investors.
Henry has established a 5-step process to solve his clients’ legal challenges.
- He Assesses the facts and law relevant to his client’s problems including formulating a path to a desired outcome given those factors;
- He Advises his clients constantly as to the best course of action to respond to the existing problems;
- He Advances the litigation with a focus on the ultimate objective;
- He Advocates (i.e. he “fights” in written and oral form) throughout this process for his clients; and
- He Accomplishes the best outcome commensurate with the realities of the matter.
Henry believes that relationships enhance representation; and as such, he seeks to establish meaningful connections with his corporate clients, based on the attributes that he values the most: diligence, virtue, equity, vigor, competence, competitiveness, candor, honesty and determination.
In his free time, Henry enjoys spending time with his wife and children, working out, and traveling. Beyond that his faith is important to him and he is involved in efforts related to Autism Awareness. Henry also mentors several young professionals on a wide range of issues related to professional and personal development.
Henry has experience in providing extensive legal analysis, sound judgment, and strategy development for corporate and individual clients in complex high exposure litigation in state and federal courts. Some recent and notable accomplishments include:
- Secured the dismissal (via a $100,000 settlement) of two corporate clients from contentious protracted litigation in Philadelphia County that ultimately resulted in a fifteen-million-dollar verdict against the co-defendant, also a corporate entity.
- Successfully negotiated a $230,000 settlement of a case involving an above-the-knee amputation where the plaintiff originally sought a 7-figure amount. The case settled for this amount after Henry established that the cause of the amputation was Plaintiff’s failure to heed the directions of his own physicians and not any act or omission of his corporate client.
- Secured efficient resolution of 30 matters via motion practice (including oral advocacy) or mediation.
- Negotiated the early dismissal of 5 commercial clients from separate protracted matters in state court.
- Prepared exceptional written work product including legal analysis, briefs, motions, letters to attorneys and trial judges, Confidentiality, and Settlement Agreements.
- Represented and advised multiple product manufacturing clients in various complex product liability actions alleging claims of Breach of Warranty, Strict Liability and Negligence in the state and federal courts of PA.
- Represented auto manufacturer as national counsel in multiple strict liability and negligence actions.
- Developed and Marketed to Pepsico Training Modules focused on Communication, Problem Solving and Teamwork Development related to their bulk product warehouse personnel.
Henry is a regular presenter evaluating current legal trends and risks at CE events for claims professionals. He has consistently earned the highest evaluation from his clients following the resolution of his representation. In 2007, he was named one of 35 Pennsylvania Lawyers on the “FastTrack” by The Legal Intelligencer and PA Law Weekly.
Henry is a veteran of the U.S. Navy. He served on-board a US Naval vessel deployed in the Mediterranean Sea that provided logistical support to US Submarine fleet; also served onboard a US Naval vessel deployed to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. During his service, he received multiple Letters of Commendation and was honorably discharged.
Henry currently serves as a Judge Pro Tempore by the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in its Mandatory Settlement Program.
Henry’s community service includes:
- Mentored over 25 young professionals.
- Co-founded “Regal’s Walk” a fundraising effort to support Autism Awareness for 7 years. (2001-2008)
- Organized and served on a panel of diverse attorneys to discuss race relations post-George Floyd death.
- Represented inmate at Grateford State Prison in the USDC for the Eastern District of PA, in 42 U.S. §1983 action based on discriminatory conduct.
- Provided tax assistance to migrant farmworkers in rural Pennsylvania
Henry has delivered a Keynote Address at Tennessee State University’s Honor Convocation and is a regular inspirational speaker at Freedom Church.