“I am a tireless advocate for my clients.”
Mike is the Chair of Obermayer’s Labor Relations and Employment Law Department. Mike is an accomplished attorney known for his tireless advocacy on behalf of his clients. He focuses his practice exclusively on the representation of management in all aspects of labor relations and employment law.
As a labor relations and employment lawyer, Mike provides advice and counsel to employers throughout the country in a wide range of businesses including manufacturers and fabricators, hospitality, retail, food services, transportation, health care and facilities management businesses among others as well as government entities and municipalities. He partners with clients to provide direction and step-by-step counsel in an effort to proactively address and manage employment and labor-related problems.
Mike’s practice includes all aspects of state and federal labor and employment law matters, which allows him to counsel management on issues such as:
- Defense of discrimination charges;
- Management training;
- Drafting and review of employment policies, procedures and agreements;
- Assisting with union elections;
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements;
- Handling unfair labor practices, grievances and arbitrations;
- Compliance with federal and state employment laws;
- Drafting and review of employment agreements;
- Non-compete and restrictive covenants;
- Wage and hour audits; and
- Client counseling via telephone conferences, e-mail and on-site visits.
When he’s not working, Mike enjoys skiing, motorcycling, and reading books on history.
Some of Mike’s more notable cases include:
- Obtaining dismissals and summary judgements on behalf of national companies involved in employment disputes;
- Obtaining favorable decisions from the NLRB on behalf of national companies;
- Obtaining a favorable decisions form a Federal Court regarding a Civil Rico matter against one of the most powerful labor unions in the USA;
- Representing national companies in numerous successful litigations before the NLRB and in collective bargaining negotiations.
An in-demand author and lecturer, Mike has written articles on a wide variety of labor relations and employment law topics, such as wrongful termination, violence in the workplace, wage-and-hour, workplace privacy, labor relations and discrimination in the workplace. Further, he is a frequent speaker to trade associations and professional groups.
Mike is called upon by various members of the media to provide commentary on news stories relating to employment and labor issues. He has appeared on local radio talk shows and has been quoted in several publications and newspapers including The Wall Street Journal.
Recognized by his peers for his work, Mike was named one of the Top 100 Labor Attorneys in the United States by the Labor Relations Institute and was selected as one of “Pennsylvania’s Rising Stars ®” as listed in Philadelphia magazine and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers.”
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.