Shaun is a business immigration attorney with broad international experience who counsels individuals and businesses across all industries in navigating the complex U.S. immigration system. He focuses his practice on employment-based visas and related compliance and assists employers in developing comprehensive immigration strategies for their global workforce. He also works closely with foreign entrepreneurs seeking to start new enterprises or to invest in the U.S. in connection with securing immigration benefits.
Additionally, Shaun advises employers on employee documentation and compliance requirements and represents clients before federal agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security (USCIS), the Department of Labor, and the Department of State.
Shaun relies on his deep bench of practical experience and knowledge of the U.S. immigration landscape to formulate tailored strategies based on clients’ actual circumstances and objectives. He can effectively translate the jargon and present requirements, potential obstacles, and timelines in a direct and accessible way and will also work to secure immigration status for dependent family members whenever feasible.
Shaun’s practice includes virtually all aspects of business and family-based U.S. immigration law, including:
- Nonimmigrant visas (H-1B, L-1, O-1, E-2, TN, Business Visitors, and more)
- Immigrant visas/Permanent Residence (PERM, Extraordinary Ability, Multinational Managers, NIW, and more)
- Form I-9 Compliance & Audits
- Family-based immigration benefits
- Consular Processing & Adjustment of Status
- Waivers of Grounds of Inadmissibility
In his free time, Shaun loves to travel and has lived in Barcelona and San Juan, Puerto Rico. He enjoys learning new languages and is fluent in Spanish and Catalan.
Shaun has years of experience representing individuals and corporate clients across a variety of industries in successfully achieving their real world goals within a complex and ever-changing immigration system.
Shaun’s experience includes:
- Successfully prevailed on numerous Requests for Evidence/Motions to Reopen or Reconsider/Appeals to the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) in reversing adverse USCIS determinations.
- Selected to serve in-house on a secondment to global technology company during H-1B cap season to streamline processes.
- Developed savvy strategies to overcome issues in connection with complex new office establishment in connection with L-1 visa.
- Prepared waiver applications that were successful in waiving unlawful presence (I-601A), prior criminal convictions, and the I-751 signature requirement for a battered spouse, amongst other inadmissibility issues.
Prior to law school, Shaun worked as a public policy and media professional, helping entities to build coalitions on the ground and to achieve their legislative goals throughout Pennsylvania.
Shaun serves on the Board of Equality Forum, an LGBTQ civic organization geared toward education and civic engagement. He also serves on Law360’s 2023 Immigration Editorial Advisory Board, where he provides feedback on Law360’s coverage and offers guidance on how best to shape future coverage.
He was recognized in the 2021 to 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch list. He was also selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2021-2023).
Shaun’s professional affiliations include:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Philadelphia LGBTQ+ Bar Association, Board Member
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.