H. David Seidman
Print This Page
H. David Seidman has worked on numerous high-profile cases at Obermayer, including many reported in the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Daily News, and Philadelphia’s local legal newspaper, The Legal Intelligencer.
In 2006, Mr. Seidman was named to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list as one of the top attorneys in Pennsylvania. No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected to the list. The list appears in the June editions of both Philadelphia magazine and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® magazine.
Mr. Seidman is an experienced litigator concentrating his practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation, business disputes, and construction disputes. Mr. Seidman also handles other complex matters, ranging from antitrust to securities litigation. In these cases, Mr. Seidman handles trial and appellate work. He has briefed appellate cases in all of Pennsylvania’s appellate courts and in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
The diversity and success of Mr. Seidman’s litigation practice is reflected in the representative cases set forth below.
- Currently prosecuting claim in federal court for real estate developer against municipality for violation of due process in connection with the development of an $800 million development project.
- Represented major health care insurer against antitrust claims filed in federal court by health care provider alleging anticompetitive pricing practices and seeking dissolution and $40 million in damages (created new law regarding the mediation privilege).
- Achieved favorable settlement for global wireless telecommunications company in claim against competitor for violating Airtime Royalty Agreement involving the use of microwave radio frequency spectrum bands.
- Won Motion to Dismiss for global telecommunications company against claim by local exchange carrier alleging violations of the 1934 and 1996 Communications Act and seeking $40 million in damages.
- Represented national wireless telecommunications company against claim for breach of franchise agreement filed in federal court and appealed to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Won Motion to Dismiss for major investment advisor in class action filed in federal court by investors alleging direct claims for breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, and violation of the Investment Company Act.
- Successfully defended political subdivision against various claims filed in federal and state court by property owners alleging claims for adverse possession (won motion to dismiss in federal court, won summary judgment in state trial court, and won appeal in Commonwealth Court).
- Achieved favorable settlement for leading dairy producer against class action claim brought in federal court, alleging price manipulation of various dairy products on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- Currently prosecuting claim in federal court for former school superintendent against school district for violation of due process and breach of contract.
- Represented local, television celebrity against property owner for invasion of privacy and breach of contract.
- Represented mayor of municipality in prosecution of claim filed in state court against city counsel for violation of the Optional Third Class City Charter Law.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended entities at all levels of the construction and real estate industry, ranging from suppliers and vendors, subcontractors, general contractors, owners, and lenders in claims including breach of contract, breach of warranty, delay and inefficiency claims, contract terminations, mechanic’s lien actions, zoning disputes, easement disputes, commercial foreclosures, adverse possession claims, and other general real estate related claims.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Related Firm News
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.