David A. Nasatir
Chair, Business & Finance Department
Print This Page
David A. Nasatir is the firm's Vice Chair. He also chairs Obermayer’s Business & Finance Department where he practices in the areas of corporate, real estate and public finance.
Mr. Nasatir's clients range from small family-owned businesses to some of the largest financial institutions in the United States. His diverse and extensive experience includes providing counsel to clients on public finance — both governmental clients and private sector clients seeking access to public finance opportunities — as well as zoning and general corporate and real estate issues, including handling the workout of complex financing projects and structuring of multi-million dollar real estate developments.
Recent examples of Mr. Nasatir's work include:
- Handling the workout of complex financing projects and structuring of multi-million dollar real estate developments for regional banks as well as developers.
- Counseling corporate clients on public finance, zoning, general corporate and real estate issues.
- Representing numerous financial institutions and businesses in structuring debt, acquisitions and mergers.
- Serving as solicitor for the Conshohocken Zoning Hearing Board, and as counsel for the Conshohocken Authority, Borough of Lansdale and Montgomery County in financing of facilities.
- Serving as special counsel for Eastern Montgomery County Waste Authority and Norristown Municipal Waste Authority, and has served as special counsel for both Norristown Borough and Falls Township, as well as for Spartanburg County, South Carolina regarding landfill and waste management issues.
- Assisting entertainment clients in partnership agreements and corporate structuring for various entities.
Mr. Nasatir served on the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and on the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority. He currently serves on both the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) Board of Directors and on the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority Board of Directors. Previously, he was a member of the Montgomery County Development Corporation Board of Directors.
He served as a law clerk for the Hon. Lawrence S. Margolis of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. He was also vice chair of the Montgomery County Democratic Committee (2002-2006) and served as director of visibility and volunteer activities for the Joe Hoeffel for Congress Campaign in 1996.
- Voted an "Awesome Attorney," Suburban Life magazine, December 2013
- Named as one of "Pennsylvania's Super Lawyers®" in 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010
- Named to the Philadelphia Business Journal's annual "40 Under 40 List" in 2004. (This award recognizes 40 individuals under the age of 40 who are leading performers in their respective industries and communities).
- Selected as one of "Pennsylvania's Rising Stars" as noted in Philadelphia magazine and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition in 2007, 2006 and 2005. (Rising Stars are chosen by their peers as being among the top up-and-coming lawyers in the Commonwealth).
- "AV Preeminent" Peer Review Rated – Martindale-Hubbell
Professional & Civic Activities
- Board of Directors, Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority (2017)
- Co-Chair, Montgomery County Democratic Party Judicial Screening Committee (2013) (2015)
- Disciplinary Board, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (2008-2014) Member
- Board of Directors of the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (2012) (2016)
- Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) Board of Directors (2010-present)
- Solicitor, Conshohocken Zoning Hearing Board (2002-2014)
- Co-Chair, Shapiro Richards Transition Committee's Subcommittee on Public Safety and Legal Matters (2012)
- Board of Trustees, Congregation Or Ami
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Financial Managers Society
- Member, Risk Management Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association
- Second Vice Chair, Montgomery County Democratic Committee (2002-2006)
- Board of Directors, Spring Mill Fire Company (1999-2004)
- Board of Directors, Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation (1997-2002)
- Solicitor, George Washington Carver Community Center (1997-2001)
- Madison Bank Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Committee (2000-2004)
- Executive Committee, American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) (1999-2003)
- Board of Directors, Bux-Mont Jewish Community Center (1997-2002)
- Board of Directors, Perkiomen Watershed Conservatory (1999-2002)
- Board of Directors, Harleysville Rotary Club (1999-2000)
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Court of Federal Claims Bar Association
Presentations & Training
- Frequent presenter on Pennsylvania Mechanics Lien Law and Lender Liability Issues.
- Presenter, “Municipal Authority Financing from Conception to Closing,” Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association, Municipal Finance Update, August 24, 2015.
- Presenter, “Pitfalls and Opportunities in the New Financial Marketplace: Staying Away from Promising Too Much Too Soon, or Doing Too Little To Protect Your Interests,” Financial Managers Society, Philadelphia Chapter, April 23, 2015.
- Presenter, “Lender Liability Risks in the Post-2008 Market,” Financial Managers Society, Philadelphia Chapter, April 25, 2014.
- Presenter, “Financing and Lender Liability,” In House Counsel conference hosted by The Legal Intelligencer, September 2010.
- Lecturer, “Lender Liability Claims and Mitigation of Risks,” Risk Management Association, Philadelphia Chapter, October 2009.
Related Firm News
- David Nasatir Elected Vice Chair of Firm
- David A. Nasatir Moderates Center City Proprietors Association Event
- Obermayer Forms Lender Liability Practice Group
- Obermayer Adds Corporate and Real Estate Partner
- Montgomery and Bucks County Commissioners Speak at Obermayer
- David Nasatir Appointed to PA Convention Center Authority Board of Directors
- David Nasatir Moderates CCPA Meet the Developers Panel
- Obermayer Attorneys Named To 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® And Rising Stars Lists
- David Nasatir Appointed to Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority
- David Nasatir Mentioned on Philadelphia Free Press
- Obermayer Attorneys Named To 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® And Rising Stars Lists
- David Nasatir Presents at Montgomery Bar Association
- David A. Nasatir to Co-Chair the Montgomery County Democratic Judicial Screening Committee
- Obermayer Attorneys Named Awesome Attorneys
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- David Nasatir Featured in Philadelphia Business Journal on Keystone Property Group's Conshohocken Project
- David Nasatir featured on Main Line Media News on Keystone Property Group's Conshohocken Project
- Gary Samms, Nina Stryker, David Ladov and David Nasatir featured in Suburban Life Magazine, "It’s an Awesome Year at Obermayer"
- David Nasatir quoted in Times Herald on Conshohocken Redevelopment Affirmation
- Dave Nasatir quoted in Times Herald on Conshohocken Redevelopment Project
- Obermayer Selected as Top Financial Services Firm
- David Nasatir Returns to Obermayer Bringing Group from Thorp Reed
Related Newsletters & Law Alerts
Related Obermayer Seminars & Breakfast Briefings
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.