Samantha J. Evian
Print This Page
Samantha Evian’s practice concentrates on family law exclusively and represents clients in all aspects of their matrimonial matters. As an experienced divorce attorney, Ms. Evian understands and dedicates her career in representing clients in all aspects of matrimonial litigation and negotiation. She has extensive experience dealing with complex matrimonial matters such as international divorce, complicated marital estates, child custody and other domestic relations issues which are often challenging and emotional. She frequently represents clients who reside in the Philadelphia area, the Main Line, Montgomery, Delaware, Bucks and Chester counties and throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Ms. Evian handles complex matrimonial matters for clients, which involve the engagement of a variety of experts, including forensic accountants, employability experts, custody evaluators, real estate and personalty appraisers, and alcohol evaluators. In addition, she advises clients, many who have a high-net worth, regarding complex businesses and professional practices evaluations and distributions, complex marital estates and executive benefits, such as stock options and restricted stock.
Although a strong advocate, Ms. Evian is sensitive to the personal and important decisions her clients have to make. She has experience in all aspects and stages of matrimonial matters, including: equitable distribution, spousal support, alimony, pendent lite, child support, appeals, domestic violence hearings, pre and post-divorce applications and motions, settlement conferences, case management conferences, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, property settlement agreements, grandparent and third party custody rights, cohabitation agreements, partition actions and international custody, adoption and divorce. She also actively represents the LGBT community in same-sex divorce, custody and adoption matters.
Ms. Evian is a frequent speaker and author on all aspects of family law. Recognized by her peers for her work, Ms. Evian was named to the list of “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers, a publication of Thomson Reuters which recognizes only 2.5% of attorneys. She has also been named in the Suburban Life and Philadelphia Life Magazines on the “Who's Who” list of the Best Family Law Attorneys, and on the Top Attorney list – which is created via readers and attorney peers casting their votes for the area’s top lawyers.
Ms. Evian lives on the Main Line in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania with her husband and two sons and is an active member of her community. She volunteers for numerous civic projects, and contributes her time to various local charities including Hadassah, the Small Business Development Center at Temple University and the Women’s Law Project. Ms. Evian dedicates time to serve as a family law attorney for Philadelphia VIP.
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Temple Law School and University of Pennsylvania Alumni Groups
Related Articles & Publications
- Family Law Practice featured in March 2015 edition of Suburban Life, "Working in the best interests of children"
- At Obermayer, Family Matters: Helping Families Navigate the Challenges of Divorce and Custody
- Family Law Practice featured in December 2014 edition of Suburban Life, "A tradition of keeping families whole"
Related Firm News
- Obermayer Attorneys Named To 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® And Rising Stars Lists
- Samantha Evian Speaks at Certified Public Accountants Annual Divorce Conference
- Samantha Evian Speaks at Transformation Tuesday Event
- Obermayer Attorneys Named To 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® And Rising Stars Lists
- Obermayer Family Law Practice - A tradition of keeping families whole
- Samantha Evian Interviewed on CBS3's Talk Philly on Divorce Professional Alliance
- Obermayer Adds Former Spector Gadon & Rosen, P.C. Family Law Chair
Related Obermayer Seminars & Breakfast Briefings
Related Blogs Posts
- Pennsylvania Child Support and Adjustments for Extra Expenses
- CUSTODY: RELOCATION AND SCHOOL CHANGES-PLAN AHEAD
- Divorce Settlement Meetings – Tips for Success
- New Pennsylvania Bill Makes Spousal Abuse Victims’ Divorce Process Easier
- You are not alone: The importance of assembling a team of divorce professionals to guide you through your divorce
- When Can I Modify My Estate Documents During a Divorce?
- When Going Through a Divorce Should I File Joint or Separate Returns?
- Obermayer Family Matters - Many Couples Resolve Their Marital Issues in the New Year
- Obermayer Family Matters - Gifts & Inheritances in PA Divorces
- When Can I Start Dating During My Divorce?
- I have texts and Facebook posts that prove my spouse is cheating. Does this get admitted in my divorce case?
- How are bank accounts divided in a Pennsylvania divorce?
- What is included in the marital estate in a divorce in Pennsylvania?
- How is the marital estate divided in a Pennsylvania divorce?
- How is the marital residence handled in a Pennsylvania divorce?
- What if a spouse refuses to cooperate in the sale of the house in a Pennsylvania divorce?
- In Pennsylvania, how are legal custody and physical custody defined?
- In Pennsylvania, how are protection from abuse (PFA) order violations handled?
- How are Support Payments Enforced in Pennsylvania?
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.