Matthew A. Green
Print This Page
Matthew A. Green concentrates his practice in commercial litigation and employment litigation. He has extensive experience and has been lead counsel in litigation relating to contracts, real-estate disputes, non-compete agreements and employment disputes. He also has broad experience in defending claims before state and federal courts in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Mr. Green prides himself on his effective and efficient representation of his clients, and the favorable results he has been fortunate enough to achieve for them. He is responsive and compassionate towards his clients, and the quality of his legal representation and attention to detail is unmatched.
His recent representative engagements include the following:
- Mr. Green served as lead counsel and prevailed in a 7 day jury trial regarding complex contractual defense and indemnification issues.
- Mr. Green obtained summary judgment dismissing various employment related claims in several lawsuits against his clients in the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Mr. Green was lead counsel in a $1.4M construction defect claim settlement is featured in the The Legal Intelligencer’s article "Case Over Alleged Defects at Condos Is Settled" (January 8, 2013) and was listed as the fourth largest settlement in Pennsylvania in 2012. The case was also highlighted in The Pennsylvania Record (January 21, 2013). The case centered around homebuyers who purchased newly constructed condo units only to find major issues with their units and the building, which the developer refused to address.
- Mr. Green prevailed on summary judgment dismissing a New Jersey Public Policy and Age Discrimination Complaint asserted against his client in the District Court of New Jersey.
- After a three day bench trial, Mr. Green successfully obtained a defense verdict on behalf of his client on claims asserted by a former employee that he was owed money for unpaid wages and commissions.
- Mr. Green prevailed on a motion to dismiss a discrimination claim asserted against an individual supervisor in the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Mr. Green successfully obtained partial summary judgment dismissing a claim against his client valued over $1,000,000.
- Mr. Green prevailed on preliminary objections in the Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County, and was able to have his client, a notary, completely dismissed from a quiet title action.
- Mr. Green successfully obtained a preliminary injunction precluding a plaintiff from attempting to sell his property without honoring the parties’ right of first refusal agreement.
- Mr. Green prevailed on a motion to dismiss claims asserted by a tenant against its real estate broker.
- Mr. Green represented a client in a claim brought by a subcontractor seeking in excess of a quarter million dollars. As lead counsel, he prevailed on a motion to dismiss in the Federal District Court of New Jersey. After a long battle, Mr. Green was able to convince the Court to dismiss the case and require that the plaintiff arbitrate the disputes pursuant to its contract with the contractor.
- In the fall of 2015, after 2 years of litigation in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Camden County, Mr. Green successfully prevailed on a summary judgment motion dismissing a Plaintiff’s whistleblower Complaint in its entirety.
As chairman of the firm’s Recruiting Committee, Mr. Green is responsible for law school recruiting and lateral attorney hiring.
Mr. Green has received a variety of accolades, including being selected by South Jersey Biz as one of the "20 under 40" young leaders in the South Jersey area. He was also recognized as a “New Jersey Rising Stars” in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008, and as a “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” in 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010. Mr. Green has also received a 5.0 Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell Client Review Rating.
Mr. Green’s dedication to helping others is also admirable. He has assisted various nonprofits in legal work, pro bono. He also currently represented an inmate on death row, pro bono, in a Pennsylvania Federal Court case, and assisted in transferring the inmate out of solitary confinement.
Awards & Honors
- Selected by South Jersey Biz as one of the "20 under 40" young leaders in the South Jersey area. (May 2012 edition; Volume 2, Issue 5).
- Selected to the New Jersey Rising Stars list (2015, 2014, 2013, 2010, 2009 and 2008)
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list (2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
- Calling All Angels Gala Advisory Board
Related Articles & Publications
Related Firm News
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2016 New Jersey Rising Stars
- Matthew A. Green Appointed Chair of Obermayer’s Recruiting Committee
- Workplace violence: Using behavioral-based interviewing to predict risk
- Matthew Green Interviewed Bizness "Lunch with the Boss"
- Matthew Green Quoted in NJ Law Journal
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2015 New Jersey Rising Stars List
- Obermayer Attorneys Named New Jersey Super Lawyers and New Jersey Rising Stars
- Firm Announces New Partners
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2013 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Obermayer's Matthew Green selected by South Jersey Biz as a "20 under 40" Young Leader
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2012 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and 2011 Pennsylvania Rising Stars lists
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2012 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Related Blogs Posts
- New Jersey Supreme Court Questions Enforceability of Contractual Time Limits on Employees’ Rights to Sue
- EEOC Rules Sexual Orientation a Protected Category Under Title VII
- PA Judge Nixes Employees’ Negligence Claim for Data Security Breach
- Restrictive Covenants in the Construction Industry: An Often Overlooked and Underutilized Source of Protection
- New Jersey Adopts “Ban the Box” Law