Matthew A. Green
Print This Page
Matthew A. Green concentrates his practice in commercial litigation and employment litigation. He has extensive experience and has been lead counsel in litigation relating to contracts, real-estate disputes, non-compete agreements and employment disputes. He also has broad experience in defending claims before state and federal courts in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Mr. Green prides himself on his effective and efficient representation of his clients, and the favorable results he has been fortunate enough to achieve for them. He is responsive and compassionate towards his clients, and the quality of his legal representation and attention to detail is unmatched.
His recent representative engagements include the following:
- Mr. Green was lead counsel in a $1.4M construction defect claim settlement is featured in the The Legal Intelligencer’s article "Case Over Alleged Defects at Condos Is Settled" (January 8, 2013) and was listed as the fourth largest settlement in Pennsylvania in 2012. The case was also highlighted in The Pennsylvania Record (January 21, 2013). The case centered around homebuyers who purchased newly constructed condo units only to find major issues with their units and the building, which the developer refused to address.
- Mr. Green prevailed on summary judgment dismissing a New Jersey Public Policy and Age Discrimination Complaint asserted against his client in the District Court of New Jersey.
- After a three day bench trial, Mr. Green successfully obtained a defense verdict on behalf of his client on claims asserted by a former employee that he was owed money for unpaid wages and commissions.
- Mr. Green prevailed on a motion to dismiss a discrimination claim asserted against an individual supervisor in the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Mr. Green successfully obtained partial summary judgment dismissing a claim against his client valued over $1,000,000.
- Mr. Green prevailed on preliminary objections in the Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County, and was able to have his client, a notary, completely dismissed from a quiet title action.
- Mr. Green successfully obtained a preliminary injunction precluding a plaintiff from attempting to sell his property without honoring the parties’ right of first refusal agreement.
- Mr. Green prevailed on a motion to dismiss claims asserted by a tenant against its real estate broker.
- Mr. Green represented a client in a claim brought by a subcontractor seeking in excess of a quarter million dollars. As lead counsel, he prevailed on a motion to dismiss in the Federal District Court of New Jersey. After a long battle, Mr. Green was able to convince the Court to dismiss the case and require that the plaintiff arbitrate the disputes pursuant to its contract with the contractor.
Mr. Green has received a variety of accolades, including being selected by South Jersey Biz as one of the "20 under 40" young leaders in the South Jersey area. He was also recognized as a “New Jersey Rising Stars” in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008, and as a “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” in 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010.
Mr. Green’s dedication to helping others is also admirable. He has assisted various nonprofits in legal work, pro bono. He is also currently representing an inmate on death row, pro bono, in a Pennsylvania Federal Court case, summary judgment pending.
Awards & Honors
- Selected by South Jersey Biz as one of the "20 under 40" young leaders in the South Jersey area. (May 2012 edition; Volume 2, Issue 5).
- Selected to the New Jersey Rising Stars list (2015, 2014, 2013, 2010, 2009 and 2008)
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list (2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
- Calling All Angels Gala Advisory Board