“I approach each matter from a client-first perspective so I can focus on what matters most to the client. ”
Mike is an attorney in Obermayer’s Business & Finance Department. His transactional practice focuses on financing (public and private), real estate transactions, corporate law, and private securities. In addition, Mike advises local governments and municipal authorities on water and wastewater system sales and acquisitions.
Clients appreciate Mike’s empathetic and approachable nature. In his practice, Mike puts himself in his clients’ shoes so he can understand both their legal and business goals to creatively find the right legal solution to address each client’s priorities.
When he’s not working, Mike can be found doting on his wife and kids. He is also interested in playing sports, especially golf, and basketball, and enjoys kicking back to watch a Sixers game.
Mike represents clients across many industries, ranging from individuals to small businesses to large developers and financial institutions. He has substantial experience in acquiring and developing value-added real estate, and the financing, leasing, and transactional matters associated with it. Some of his more notable deals include:
- Representation of a client in the acquisition, private placement, and financing of an off-campus student housing complex
- Representation of a client in the private equity raise to acquire a commercial office building and apartment complex
- Representation of a client in the refinancing of its current loan in excess of $20M to complete necessary tenant and capital improvements
- Representation of a commercial landlord in the lease documentation of over 50,000 SF of rentable square footage of commercial office space
Mike has a multifaceted understanding of the law. Before beginning his career as an attorney, Mike worked for a State Representative as Chief of Staff. In this position, he oversaw the administrative operation of the District Office, managed the Representative’s legislative priorities and press, and stood in for the Representative where needed. Prior to that, Mike was a Legislative Correspondent for a Congressman in Washington D.C.
Mike has been awarded the 2019 Lawyers of Distinction Award for his work on real estate and business transactions. Additionally, previously served on the Montgomery Township Parks and Recreation Board and the Hatboro-Horsham Educational Foundation’s Advancement Committee where he was named a “Hatters Hero.” Mike was included in the following lists:
- The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch® for Real Estate Law and for Public Finance Law in 2023
- Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers Rising Stars® in 2022.
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.