2020: Our Community Service
Our lawyers and staff are driven by deep, personal connections and a creative, can-do sense of partnership with the charitable, cultural, and civic life of the communities where we work and live. This includes a steadfast commitment to our pro bono clients and to our professional associations. In 2020, we proudly supported many community and national organizations. Some of them included:
- Congratulations to Bob Whitelaw, co-chairman of the Family Law department and the Litigation department, who celebrated 50 years with Obermayer! Bob has been one of Philadelphia’s leading divorce attorneys for over four decades. He was the firm’s managing partner for 30 years and is still a member of the firm’s management committee. Bob utilizes his passion for cycling by supporting The American Cancer Society Bike-A-Thon Bridge to the Beach. For nearly 15 years he has led team “Obermayer” in it’s support and commitment to fueling the fight against cancer.
- Hillary Mooney Recognized in BCBA Pro Bono Week
- David Nasatir Re-Appointed to Another Term to the PA Convention Center Authority and to the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority
- Kellie McGowan Appointed Member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law section of PBA
- Matthew Green Appointed Co-Chair of Camden County Bar Association Commercial Litigation Committee
- Lenape Valley Foundation of Doylestown named Kellie McGowan it’s new Secretary
- Shaun Staller Appointed Co-Chair of the Philadelphia Chapter of AILA Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Obermayer Celebrated the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Obermayer celebrated LGBTQ equality at HRC 2020 Greater Philadelphia Gala
- Obermayer Supported NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Obermayer Supported Philabundance
- Obermayer Supports Mid-Atlantic Black Law Students Association 2020 Regional Convention
- Stephanie Winegrad Educated Upper Dublin High School Students on Family Law
- Obermayer Supported Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region®