Shari B. Veisblatt
Print This Page
Shari B. Veisblatt represents clients in all aspects and stages of matrimonial litigation, including appeals, trials, emergent applications, plenary hearings, custody trials, domestic violence hearings, pre and post judgment applications, motions, early settlement panels, economic mediations, intensive settlement conferences, case management conferences and uncontested hearings. She also handles complex matrimonial matters, which involve the engagement of variety of experts, including forensic accountants, employability experts, real estate and personalty appraisers, and custody and alcohol evaluators. In addition, Ms. Veisblatt assists clients with the valuation and distribution of businesses and professional practices and executive benefits, such as stock options and restricted stock.
Named as 2010's Best Adoption Attorney by South Jersey Magazine, Ms. Veisblatt is a frequent lecturer on family law topics and has also written several published articles on her experience as a matrimonial attorney.
- Veisblatt, S. "Access Denied: What Are Your Rights as a Grandparent?" Girlfriendz® The Thinking Woman's Magazine; August/September 2011; Volume 4, Issue 4.
- Veisblatt, S. & Altschuler, M.; “Are Disability Payments Marital Property?” New Jersey Law Journal, June 13, 2011.
- Guest Lecturer for N.J.I.C.L.E., QDROs and Other Pension-Related Issues for Family Lawyers (2010)
- Guest Lecturer for N.J.I.C.L.E., QDROs and Other Pension-Related Issues for Family Lawyers (2009)
- Guest Lecturer, Financial Planner Association (2008)
- Guest Lecturer, Morris County College-Women’s Center (2007-2008)
- Bernstein, J. & Veisblatt, S. “A separate peace: Can you file for a legal separation in New Jersey?” Town Topics, Princeton, N.J., March 2009
- Bernstein, J. & Veisblatt, S. “Look before you let your child leap. What you need to consider prior to allowing your child/ren to relocate overseas.” Town Topics, Princeton, N.J., April 2008
- Tomaio, D. & Veisblatt, S., Chapter 14, “Issues Surrounding Unmarried Cohabitants and Domestic Partners,” Skoloff & Cutler New Jersey Family Law Practice, N.J.I.C.L.E., 12th Ed., 2006.
Prior to joining Obermayer, Ms. Veisblatt was a co-chair of national law firm's matrimonial practice. She has practiced exclusively in the area of family law throughout her career. She was an associate at one of the largest firms in New Jersey. She is also a former judicial clerk of The Honorable Garry S. Rothstadt, Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Part.
- Named Best Adoption Attorney 2010, South Jersey Magazine
- Named to the New Jersey Rising Stars list (2008-2009, 2011-2015)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Family Inns of Court
- Morris County Early Settlement Panelist
- Business Network International (BNI)
- New Jersey State Bar Association -Young Lawyers Division
- Pro Bono Affiliation with New Jersey Battered Women’s Shelter (JBWS)
Related Articles & Publications
- Family Law Practice featured in March 2015 edition of Suburban Life
- At Obermayer, Family Matters: Helping Families Navigate the Challenges of Divorce and Custody
- Family Law Practice featured in December 2014 edition of Suburban Life
- Access Denied: What Are Your Rights as a Grandparent?
- Are Disability Payments Marital Property?
Related Firm News
- Obermayer Attorneys Recognized as "Top Attorneys" by South Jersey Magazine
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2016 New Jersey Rising Stars
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2015 New Jersey Rising Stars List
- Obermayer Family Law Practice - A tradition of keeping families whole
- Obermayer Attorneys Named New Jersey Super Lawyers and New Jersey Rising Stars
- Firm Announces New Partners
- Shari Veisblatt Interviewed by CBS2
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2013 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2012 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and 2011 Pennsylvania Rising Stars lists
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2012 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- OBERMAYER ATTORNEYS NAMED AS 2011 NEW JERSEY SUPER LAWYERS and 2011 NEW JERSEY RISING STARS
- SECOND SATURDAY: What Everyone Needs to Know About Divorce – September 10, 2016
- SECOND SATURDAY: What Everyone Needs to Know About Divorce – August 13, 2016
- SECOND SATURDAY: What Everyone Needs to Know About Divorce – July 16, 2016
- SECOND SATURDAY: What Everyone Needs to Know About Divorce - June 18, 2016
- SECOND SATURDAY: What Everyone Needs To Know About Divorce - March 12, 2015
Related Blogs Posts
- What is the Divorce Process?
- Will My Child Be Interviewed During My Divorce?
- What can I do if I need financial support during divorce litigation?
- What Can I Do if My Spouse is Not Complying with Court Orders?
- What is a Tentative Decision?
- What Happens to Our Marital Home When We Divorce?
- How are Retirement Accounts Divided in a Divorce?
- What Experts are Available to Assist Me in My Divorce?