Michael D. Vagnoni
Print This Page
Michael Vagnoni is a partner in the firm's Creditors' Rights, Bankruptcy, and Financial Reorganization department. He concentrates his practice in commercial bankruptcy and corporate reorganization representing debtors, institutional lenders, secured creditors, trade creditors, creditor committees, landlords, equipment lessors and Chapter 7 trustees in workouts, restructurings, foreclosures and bankruptcies. Mr. Vagnoni has represented debtors spanning a range of industries in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors in Chapter 11 reorganizations.
Mr. Vagnoni also has experience in many different types of commercial and bankruptcy-related litigation, including avoidance of preferences and fraudulent conveyances, subordination, nondischargeability, determination of secured status and other adversary proceedings.
Rounding out his practice, Mr. Vagnoni frequently volunteers his time and was recognized for his outstanding service by the Homeless Advocacy Project and also serves on the board of directors for A Call to Mercy, a not for profit corporation involved in providing financial support to enhance the welfare of poor, oppressed or marginalized people, especially women and children.
After graduating law school, Mr. Vagnoni served as law clerk to the Honorable Vincent A. Cirillo in the Superior Court of Pennsylvania where he wrote on many important issues arising under Pennsylvania law. Mr. Vagnoni periodically co-authored the Bankruptcy Update column in The Legal Intelligencer with Charles M. Golden.
- Represents municipal taxing authority in Chapter 11, 13 and 7 proceedings.
- Represented the debtor, Skinny Nutritional Corp, a public company, in its Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Represented a national bank in connection with its secured claim in the Prince Music Theater Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.
- Represented several chains of gas stations in their Chapter 11 reorganizations.
- Represented a national jewelry store chain in its Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Represented a priority creditor in Eastman Kodak Chapter 11 reorganization in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a large creditor in the Velo Holdings and Kit Digital Chapter 11 reorganizations in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a commercial real estate landlord in Domain, Inc. Chapter 11 liquidation in the District of Delaware.
- Represented a Kentucky Fried Chicken franchisee with 18 locations in its Chapter 11 Reorganization.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of a national automobile part supply distributor.
- Represented a local landlord in numerous telecommunication company bankruptcies around the country.
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Related Firm News
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.