Julie Colton Discusses 70/30 Custody Schedules on OurFamilyWizard

September 27, 2023

In a blog published on OurFamilyWizard, a shared parenting application, Family law partner Julie Colton discusses 70/30 custody schedules, a co-parenting arrangement where one parent has the child 70% of the time while the other has 30%. Julie points out that the 70/30 schedule usually arises out of necessity.

“Usually, co-parents take on a primary/partial schedule like 70/30 when they are dealing with logistical constraints. For example, when parents live more than 30 to 40 minutes from the child’s school, a shared custody schedule (50/50) is less practical. A partial physical custody schedule is often every other weekend from Friday after school until Monday start of school, along with some weekday time,” says Julie. “The time during the week may be an overnight on the non-weekend week or an overnight each week. The weekday time may just be a few hours for dinner.”

Read the full article here.