Dove A.E. Burns to Present at ACI’s National Conference
Obermayer partner Dove Burns will present at American Conference Institute’s 29th National Conference on “Employment Practices Liability Insurance,” to be held virtually on January 26-28, 2021. This year the conference will cover the following topics:
- POST-ELECTION BRIEFING & YEAR IN REVIEW: Insurer, Broker and Carrier Perspectives on EPLI Policy Changes and Risk Appetite Amid Covid-19
- Race, Gender and LGBTQ Discrimination Claims in Practice: Expert Practitioners Discuss New, Evolving and Surprising Trends, Developments and Risk Factors
- Political Speech in the Workplace: What New, Emerging Legal Trends and EPLI Coverage Mean for Employers Moving Forward
- What Would You Do If…? The Most Vexing Back to the Office Dilemmas and How to Resolve Them: Masks, Social Distancing, Whistleblowing and More
- Cyber Security, IP and Proprietary Risks – and Their Interplay with Remote Work and Employee Monitoring
- The Uptick in Sexual Harassment Claims: Practitioners Discuss the Finer Points of Investigations, Rising Settlements, Employee Training and What Is on the Horizon for 2021
Dove’s panel, titled “What Would You Do If…? The Most Vexing Back to the Office Dilemmas and How to Resolve Them: Masks, Social Distancing, Whistleblowing” will discuss the following:
- Determining how to lawfully and efficiently transfer the work location from on-site to home
- Assessing and monitoring employee productivity and adherence to company health and safety, and other policies
- Proven best practices for a safe return to work: Navigating concerns around social distancing, whistleblowing, anxiety, and conflict resolution
- Understanding OSHA expectations and analyzing the guidance it offers to employers
Join Dove on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 11:00 am.
Dove focuses her practice on employment law and professional liability. She has experience defending corporate clients and executives, professional service providers, multibillion-dollar international restaurant chains, hospitals, municipalities, housing authorities, nonprofits, and boards of directors in a variety of high-exposure matters. She provides proactive counsel to employers, handles employment and severance agreements, drafts policy manuals and other management documents and conducts training sessions to aide employers in minimizing and the risk of litigation. She has resolves many disputes through arbitration, mediation, and conciliation in addition to trying numerous cases to verdict.