Michael S. Pepperman
Chair, Labor Relations & Employment Law Department
Print This Page
Michael S. Pepperman is an accomplished attorney known for his tireless advocacy on behalf of his clients. He focuses his practice exclusively on the representation of management in all aspects of labor relations and employment law. Mr. Pepperman is the chair of his firm’s Labor Relations & Employment Law Department.
As a labor relations and employment lawyer, Mr. Pepperman provides advice and counsel to employers throughout the country in a wide range of businesses including manufacturers and fabricators, hospitality, retail, food services, transportation, death care and facilities management businesses among others as well as government entities and municipalities. He partners with clients to provide direction and step-by-step counsel in an effort to proactively address and manage employment and labor-related problems.
Mr. Pepperman is an experienced litigator concentrating his practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation, business disputes, construction disputes and a wide range of employment matters. He appears regularly before federal and state trial and administrative agencies in a wide range of matters, including all aspects of employment litigation, federal and state affirmative action compliance, fair housing cases, occupational safety and health issues and labor arbitrations. Further, Mr. Pepperman has extensive practical experience in all aspects of state and federal labor and employment law matters which allows him to counsel management on issues such as:
- Defense of discrimination charges
- Management training
- Drafting and review of employment policies, procedures and agreements
- Assisting with union elections
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Handling unfair labor practices, grievances and arbitrations
- Compliance with federal and state employment laws
- Drafting and review of employment agreements
- Non-compete and restrictive covenants
- Wage and hour audits
- Client counseling via telephone conferences, e-mail and on-site visits
An in-demand author and lecturer, Mr. Pepperman has written articles on a wide variety of labor relations and employment law topics, such as wrongful termination, violence in the workplace, wage-and-hour, workplace privacy, labor relations and discrimination in the workplace. Further, he is a frequent speaker to trade associations and professional groups.
Mr. Pepperman is called upon by various members of the media to provide commentary on news stories relating to employment and labor issues. He has appeared on local radio talk shows and has been quoted in several publications and newspapers including The Wall Street Journal.
Recognized by his peers for his work, Mr. Pepperman was named one of the Top 100 Labor Attorneys in the United States by the Labor Relations Institute and was selected as one of "Pennsylvania's Rising Stars ®" as listed in Philadelphia magazine and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers."
Top One Hundred Labor Attorneys in the United States, by the Labor Relations Institute, Inc.
Pennsylvania’s Rising Stars
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Related Articles & Publications
- A Shift On Employee Title VII Protections At 6th Circuit
- Structuring Unpaid Internships After Wang V. Hearst
- Case Analysis: ERISA Religious Exemption Expanded: SCOTUS Says Church Affiliation is Enough
- The NLRB Offers Guidance on Social Media Policies and Practices
- Michael Pepperman Writes Guest Column for McKnight's Long-Term Care
- Terminate: A Disabled Employee Under the "Direct Threat" Exception to the ADA
- Avoiding ADA Lawsuits And Keeping Workers Safe
- Who Must be Paid Overtime?
Related CLE Seminars
Related Firm News
- HR LEGALIST LIVE PRESENTS: Supreme Court Update In Brief and Wage and Hour Trends and Tips
- Obermayer Partner Speaks at Philadelphia Labor and Employment Relations Association Meeting
- Obermayer Partner Speaks at American Conference Institute
- Obermayer Partner Speaks on Knowledge Group Webcast
- Labor Attorneys Discuss Northwestern University v. College Athletes Players Association NLRB case
- Michael Pepperman Speaks at ACI's NLRB Labor Law Disputes and Litigation forum in NYC
Related Blogs Posts
- Supreme Court Rules Against Public Sector Unions, Disallows “Fair Share” Fees for Public Employees
- Sixth Circuit Rules that Gender Identity Discrimination is Not Religious Freedom
- The New NLRB Gets to Work: GOP-Majority Board Overturns Browning-Ferris, Changes the Law on Joint Employment and Micro-Unit Organizing
- Labor Law Update: Senate Confirms Emanuel to NLRB, 3-2 Republican Majority Signals Potential Changes on the Way
- Preparing for New York Paid Family Leave: Fast Facts and Best Practices for Empire State Employers
- Every Manager and Their Mother: Second Circuit Shields Social Media Insults against Supervisor and His Entire Family
- Browning-Ferris: The NLRB Redefines Joint-Employer Status
- The NLRB “Steals” Christmas with New “Ambush” Election Rules
- NLRB Rules Bergdorf Shoe Sellers Are Mismatched for Micro-Bargaining Unit
- Game Changer: NLRB Rules College Football Players Can Unionize
- Rumor Has It: Employers Need To Be Wary of “No Gossip” Policies
- Rumor Has It: Employers Need To Be Weary of “No Gossip” Policies
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.