Karen M. Sanchez
Print This Page
Karen M. Sanchez concentrates her practice in financing, creditors’ rights, lender liability, real estate development and corporate matters.
Ms. Sanchez represents financial institutions and borrowers in complex front-end commercial transactions in both real estate and asset-based lending, as well as restructuring and workouts. She also represents purchasers and sellers in real estate acquisitions, development and sales. Additionally, Ms. Sanchez assists clients in general corporate matters, including corporate governance issues, entity selection and contract negotiations.
Ms. Sanchez is a Senior Hearing Committee Member for The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, and has been consistently recognized for her pro bono work representing children as a Child Advocate with the Support Center for Child Advocates.
Ms. Sanchez is involved in Obermayer's women's marketing initiative, where she focuses on promoting women in business and leadership positions. She is also a frequent lecturer on lender liability issues, specifically on-site presentations for clients.
Honors & Awards
- Named Pennsylvania "Lawyer on the Fast Track 2013" by the Legal Intelligencer
- Selected to "Pennsylvania's Rising Stars" 2007, 2013, 2014
- Awarded enrollment in the Pro Bono Roll of Honor by the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania as an attorney whose work has been recognized by the judiciary as exemplary for her pro bono work representing children with the Support Center for Child Advocates, 2006 to 2015.
- Frequent presenter on Pennsylvania Mechanics Lien Law and Lender Liability Issues.
- "Commercial and Real Estate Loan Documents: More Than Just Papers in Pennsylvania," 2006.
- "Recognizing The Blind Spots in The World of Partnerships, LLPs, LLLPs and LLCs in Pennsylvania," 2005.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Senior Hearing Committee Member, The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Support Center for Child Advocates
- Board Member, Counseling or Referral Assistance (CORA)
- Board Member, Briar Bush Nature Center
- Risk Management Association
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Network of Philadelphia
Related Firm News
- Democrats to leave no office unchallenged in 2015 election
- Firm Announces New Partners
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Karen Sanchez Elected to CORA Board
- Karen Sanchez Recognized by First Judicial District for her Pro Bono Representation
- Karen Sanchez Named to Legal Intelligencer's "Lawyers on the Fast Track"
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- David Nasatir Returns to Obermayer Bringing Group from Thorp Reed