Edmond M. George
Chair, Creditors' Rights, Bankruptcy and Financial Reorganization Department
Print This Page
Edmond M. George has extensive experience with all types of commercial litigation, and business transactions including the financial and tax aspects of business reorganizations and the representation of debtors, trustees, secured lenders and committees in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware bankruptcy proceedings. Mr. George also has extensive experience in out of court workouts, restructuring, intercreditor agreements and other similar arrangements.
Since joining Obermayer in 1987, Mr. George has litigated various matters before regulatory bodies, and in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Washington, D.C. He has successfully reorganized dozens of companies, and has restructured in excess of $100 million in liabilities. Mr. George has also been involved in many of the areas largest and most important bankruptcy cases.
Mr. George’s civic activities include providing legal services to the indigent through the Philadelphia VIP Program. He is also a frequent writer and lecturer on bankruptcy law, presenting programs for the Bankruptcy Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association. Mr. George is active in his community and is a former member and vice chair of the Moorestown Economic Development Advisory Committee, where Mr. George has used his financial and business background to tackle local issues in Moorestown, New Jersey.
After graduating law school, Mr. George served as law clerk to the Honorable Vincent A. Cirillo, President Judge of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania where he wrote on many important issues arising under Pennsylvania law. While working full-time, he attended Temple University School of Law in Philadelphia, receiving his Master of Laws degree in taxation, with honors.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Philadelphia VIP Program
- Taxation and Bankruptcy Sections, Philadelphia Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Named as one of Pennsylvania's Super Lawyers®, 2014
- Named as one of New Jersey's Super Lawyers®, 2013 and 2014
- Named by SJ Magazine to the 2012 South Jersey “Top Attorneys” list
- Presenter, PICPA Forensic & Litigation Services Conference (November 17, 2016)
Related Firm News
- Obermayer Attorneys Named To 2018 NJ Super Lawyers® And Rising Stars Lists
- Obermayer Partners Argue Successfully Before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Obermayer Attorneys Named New Jersey Super Lawyers and New Jersey Rising Stars
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2013 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Obermayer Partner Appointed Co-Chair of Creditors’ Rights, Bankruptcy and Financial Reorganization Department
- Obermayer's Edmond George's Case Featured in American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
- Obermayer's Edmond George's Case Featured in American Bankruptcy Institute Journal (September 2012)
- Anastasius Efstratiades and Edmond M. George Named to SJ Magazine’s “Top Attorney” List for 2012
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.