Andrew J. Horowitz
Print This Page
Andrew Horowitz is a strategic, aggressive, and pragmatic attorney who focuses his practice on general and complex litigation and employment law matters.
Mr. Horowitz serves as a trusted advisor to his clients. He takes a business-centered approach to helping his clients to accomplish their business goals with a “can-do” attitude while minimizing risk and staying compliant with law. He likes to take a “hands-on” approach with is clients to prevent problems before they happen.
Mr. Horowitz handles a variety of matters including:
- General business litigation: Mr. Horowitz litigates business disputes of all kinds, including contract disputes, debt collection, breach of warranty claims, disputes over the ownership and/or sale of businesses, claims by consumers, and insurance coverage disputes.
- Employment: Mr. Horowitz advises employers on risk management and compliance issues, including reductions in force, individual employee discipline and termination, personnel policies and handbooks, compliance with wage and hour laws, and independent contractor classification. Mr. Horowitz also drafts and negotiates employment contacts, including non-compete, non-solicitation, no-raid, and confidentiality agreements. This also includes handling the litigation that results when these agreements are breached. Mr. Horowitz also conducts severance negotiations and litigates employment discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour claims, including class and collective actions.
- Transportation: Mr. Horowitz represents moving and trucking companies in securing operating authority and navigating compliance issues with the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission (PUC) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Mr. Horowitz also regularly handles the business and employment legal needs of clients in the moving and trucking industry.
- Professional errors and omissions (E&O) claims: Mr. Horowitz litigates professional negligence claims in a variety of industries, including software and web development, hardware design, construction, surveying, engineering and architectural design, and real estate sales.
- Copyright, trademark, and trade secret infringement claims: Mr. Horowitz handles disputes over the ownership of creative works and other proprietary information critical to his clients’ businesses.
- Real Estate: Mr. Horowitz litigates claims to real estate, including working out residential and commercial mortgages and title disputes.
Mr. Horowitz completed an advanced trial skills course at the National Trial Advocacy College at the University of Virginia School of Law. In law school, he served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Joy Flowers Conti of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and as Articles Editor for the Journal of Law and Commerce.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Member, Pittsburgh Human Resources Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Moving and Storage Associates
- Board of Trustees, Temple Sinai
Honors & Awards
- "AV Preeminent" Peer Review Rated – Martindale-Hubbell
Stay of New DoL Overtime Regulations Causes Uncertainty for Employers, Pennsylvania Bar Association Labor & Employment Section’s Winter 2017 e-newsletter
How a Social Media Recruiting Policy Can Help Protect your Business, monster.com, December 1, 2016
Related Articles & Publications
Related Firm News
Related Blogs Posts
- Feats of Strength: EEOC sues CSX for Employee Strength Tests as Gender Discrimination Under Title VII
- Political Speech, Discrimination and the Law: How Employers Should Respond to Charlottesville
- One Strike and You’re Out—Third Circuit Holds a Single Severe Incident Sufficient to Establish a Harassment Claim
- Beware Hugging at Work
- Employees Bound by Non-Compete Agreement When They Clicked “Accept” to a Bonus on Intranet
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.