“I put my clients first, solving problems and removing obstacles so they can accomplish their objectives. ”
Andrew is a strategic and pragmatic attorney who focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and employment law matters.
Andrew serves as a trusted advisor to his clients. He enjoys taking a problem-solving approach with clients to find tactics that work for their entire business, not just the particular legal problem they are currently facing. To do this, Andrew invests his time in getting to know his clients and their respective businesses. Due to his strategic nature, he enjoys minimizing risk and excels at preventing problems before they happen.
Andrew is approved mediator for the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and has completed a comprehensive program of mediation training offered by The Alternative Group. Since Andrew has represented parties ranging from individuals to small businesses to the largest of corporations, he understands how parties of all shapes and sizes approach employment disputes and is well-suited to facilitate settlements, particularly in employment and commercial disputes.
When he’s not working, Andrew enjoys spending time with his wife and dog, woodworking and woodturning, hiking, and learning about wine (with an emphasis on France).
Andrew handles a variety of matters including:
- General business litigation: Andrew litigates business disputes of all kinds, including contract disputes, debt collection, breach of warranty claims, disputes over the ownership and/or sale of businesses, claims by consumers, and insurance coverage disputes.
- Employment: Andrew advises employers on risk management and compliance issues, including reductions in force, individual employee discipline and termination, personnel policies and handbooks, compliance with wage and hour laws, and independent contractor classification. He also drafts and negotiates employment contracts, including non-compete, non-solicitation, no-raid, and confidentiality agreements. This also includes handling the litigation that results when these agreements are breached. He also conducts severance negotiations and litigates employment discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour claims, including class and collective actions.
- Transportation: Andrew represents household goods moving and trucking companies in securing operating authority and navigating compliance issues with the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. He also regularly handles the business and employment legal needs of clients in the household goods moving and trucking industry.
- Professional errors and omissions (E&O) claims: Andrew litigates professional negligence claims in a variety of industries, including software and web development, hardware design, construction, surveying, engineering and architectural design, and real estate sales.
- Copyright, trademark, and trade secret infringement claims: Andrew handles disputes over the ownership of creative works and other proprietary information critical to his clients’ businesses.
- Real Estate: Andrew litigates claims to real estate, including working out residential and commercial mortgages and title disputes. Andrew also represents clients before municipal zoning boards.
Some of Andrew’s more notable cases include:
- Securing operating authority for household goods moving companies;
- Advising clients on individual employee terminations, successfully reducing exposure to potential litigation;
- Securing favorable settlements against former employees who attempt to form competing ventures utilizing their former companies’ trade secrets;
- Successfully defending discrimination claims by employees before the EEOC;
- Successfully negotiating executive severance packages;
- Successfully negotiating business divorces; Successfully litigating disputes over the ownership of a business.
Andrew completed an advanced trial skills course at the National Trial Advocacy College at the University of Virginia School of Law. In law school, he served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Joy Flowers Conti of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and as Articles Editor for the Journal of Law and Commerce.
Andrew is a member of the Pittsburgh Human Resources Association, the Pennsylvania Moving and Storage Associate and serves on the zoning board of appeals for the Borough of Swissvale. He is also Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell (2018).
Andrew has also been selected for Pennsylvania’s Rising Stars in 2019.
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.