“I like to think of myself as a bulldog, but I guess I don’t look like one?! I’ve had to come to terms with people underestimating me, but they always live to regret it.”
Raphaella is an attorney in Obermayer’s Litigation Department. She focuses her practice on all aspects of civil and complex commercial litigation. Raphaella represents financial institutions, nonprofit organizations, real estate developers and investors, and individuals and companies in insurance defense, premises liability, negligence and personal injury, product liability, legal and medical malpractice, and other professional liability matters, as well as contract disputes.
Raphaella is a classically trained Soprano and thespian; she is passionate about anything involving theatre/acting and music. You may even catch her performing in a local play or musical.
When not working, Raphaella enjoys concerts, plays, or other performances. She loves visiting museums and historical sites, as well as exploring and traveling to new cities and countries. Raphaella is a foodie and an adrenaline junkie, so she often explores food festivals and amusement parks.
Raphaella believes that the public library is the most underappreciated benefit in our society and she likes to take full advantage of it.
Raphaella’s experience ranges from the state to federal levels for Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies, including national retailers, financial institutions, insurance companies, insurance, and real estate brokerage firms, large corporations, and closely-held businesses, as well as individual clients. She also has extensive experience negotiating settlements. Raphaella has not lost a trial to date.
Some of her most notable representative engagements include the following:
- Obtained a 7-figure settlement on behalf of a client against the estate of her deceased ex-husband and his widow.
- Successfully argued Motion for Summary Judgment on behalf of an employer, a national retailer, in a wrongful employment termination lawsuit.
- Successfully defended Fortune 100 Company in multiple trials.
- Defended a national retailer against a multi-million dollar negligence and products liability lawsuit against multi-state Plaintiffs.
- Administrated an estate involving millions in creditor claims and lawsuits.
- Successfully defended a national retailer and a national bank against suit claiming violations of state and federal statutes.
- Successfully appealed to the New York Supreme Court Appellate Division, decision of New York State Court granting summary judgment to The Catholic Archdiocese, on behalf of intervener.
Raphaella is a member of several state, local, and affinity bar associations. In law school, she was Vice-President of the Moot Court Honor Society, a member of Temple’s Political & Civil Rights Law Review, a member of the Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society, a member of the Temple American Inns of Court, and a mock trial competitor. She is a proud Hoya, having earned her B.A. in Psychology & English from Georgetown University.
Raphaella was selected for inclusion in the 2020 Massachusetts Rising Stars® list, an exclusive list of top-rated attorneys in specific practice areas.
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.