“I always try to resolve client issues in the most efficient and least restrictive and adversarial means possible. If and when that proves impossible, however, I am ready to defend clients with the tenacity and focus they deserve.”
Lauren is an attorney in Obermayer’s Litigation Department, where she can best exercise her natural problem-solving abilities. Understanding that some problems aren’t best served through litigation, she aims to craft creative solutions to resolve issues for her clients. However, when the need arises, she litigates cases in a wide range of subject matters in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York trial and appellate courts.
Lauren provides a thoughtful approach with respect to her clients’ legal matters. While she is a skilled litigator, Lauren doesn’t run directly to court. She makes a point to provide clients with an in-depth analysis of options and cost-effective ways to achieve their desired result.
When she’s not in the office, Lauren is a devoted mom who loves to travel with her husband and two young boys (barring any tantrums). If she had not pursued a career in law, she would have been a travel journalist or an interior designer.
Lauren regularly represents commercial and business clients in contract and business tort-related issues and provides business-related advice. Prior to joining Obermayer, Lauren was an attorney with a national law firm, first in the firm’s New York City office for eight years and then its Philadelphia office. She acquired extensive experience representing clients in litigation related to business contract disputes and torts, media rights and defamation, creditors’ rights and matrimonial and family related issues.
Of particular interest to Lauren are problems involving Internet defamation and privacy and media rights. In these instances, she often represents individuals, business owners, celebrities, and the media in connection with disputes concerning negative content on the Internet. Additionally, she has presented Continuing Legal Education programs on this topic.
Lauren also served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Cathy L. Waldor, U.S.M.J. of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and, while in law school, as a judicial extern to the Honorable Richard M. Berman, U.S.D.J. of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Some of Lauren’s most notable outcomes include:
- Secured reversal by Appellate Division of order granting summary judgment for event space related to force majeure contract clause. Reported at Goldstein v. Orensanz Events, LLC, 3d 492 (1st Dep’t 2017).
- Part of team responsible for securing release of Olympic figure skater from her former team in connection with New Jersey lawsuit.
- Defended a commercial lender in an appeal to the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, Second Department and in the underlying action by an individual seeking to overturn the sale of real property based on a non-indexed lis pendens. Reported at German Del Pozo v. Impressive Homes, Inc., et al., 2010 WL 1940338 (2d Dep’t, May 30, 2012).
- Part of trial team in defense of suit involving alleged theft of LinkedIn account resulting in no damages and no equitable relief. Notable case which set precedent for employment policies with respect to social media accounts. Reported at Eagle v. Edcomm, Inc., Dkt no. 11-cv-4303 (RB) (EDPa).
- Defeated a motion to dismiss securities fraud and other fraud-related claims in an action in the Southern District of New York.
- Obtained a dismissal of “false patent marking” claims against a national manufacturer and distributor of sweetener products.
- Part of the trial team defending popular clothing retailer against alleged violation of privacy law by celebrity.
Lauren is an Adjunct Professor at Villanova University’s College of Professional Studies, where she teaches Introduction to Civil Procedure and Litigation in the College’s ABA approval paralegal studies program.
Lauren also lends her services to pro bono matters. She recently represented a client in connection with Protection from Abuse (PFA) proceeding and a related divorce and custody action in Philadelphia. She has also represented a non-profit organization in a fraud action against a former executive president and has assisted Hurricane Sandy victims in FEMA and insurance appeals.
In terms of organizational involvement, Lauren is a Board Member of the North Ardmore Civic Association and is affiliated with the Federal Bar Council.
Lauren has been consistently named to the Super Lawyers® New York Metro Rising Stars list since 2016, in addition to being named to Super Lawyers® Pennsylvania Rising Stars list in 2018.
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.