“I take a personal approach to my work, listen carefully to my clients’ needs and thoughtfully execute my approach to each dispute and situation.”
Kelly focuses her practice on employment law. She has experience counseling clients in general labor and employment matters, including representation in the State and Federal Courts, EEOC, PHRC, State Civil Service Commission, Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board and various labor arbitrators.
Kelly handles all aspects of the labor-management process, such as providing day-to-day advice to clients on various matters as well as defending clients if/when claims arise. She believes that effective listening to clients’ concerns is an especially crucial skill for an attorney and it’s the foundation to successful representation.
In her spare time, Kelly likes to find herself in the Adirondack Park spending time with her family, hiking, enjoying the lake or reading a book (or several good books).
Prior to joining Obermayer, Kelly served as solicitor for several local municipalities, municipal authorities, planning commissions and zoning hearing boards. In her municipal solicitor experience, Kelly often defended against challenges to zoning ordinances before zoning hearing boards, advised governing bodies on subdivision and land development applications, and provided guidance to clients regarding the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code. Additionally, Kelly’s prior experience includes years of representing land developers seeking subdivision and land development approvals, variances or special exceptions before local zoning hearing boards.
Kelly advises and represents her clients on a variety of legal issues, including:
- Employee hiring and employment contracts/agreements;
- Disciplinary actions, demotions and terminations;
- Labor disputes and arbitrations;
- Grievance proceedings;
- Unfair labor practice proceedings and appeals;
- Drafting of policies and administrative regulations; and
- Application of EEOC, ADA, FMLA, IDEA, PERA and FLSA
Kelly’s prior experience in zoning and land use includes:
- Advising governing bodies, planning commissions and zoning hearing boards on subdivision and land development applications, zoning appeals, zoning ordinances, amendments and challenges.
- Experience defending local zoning ordinances against substantive validity challenges, including through appeal and argument to the Commonwealth Court.
- Obtaining zoning relief, rezoning, and land development approvals in Pennsylvania for various commercial, residential, and industrial properties
Kelly is a former District II Hearing Committee member for The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Prior to obtaining her law degree, she was NASD Series 6 and Series 63 certified. In law school, she served as Director for Villanova University School of Law Public Interest Fellowship Program.
Kelly volunteers her time to support St. Patrick Parish in Malvern, PA. She is currently a member of the Building Committee, and was previously engaged with the Advisory Committee.