“I am driven, dedicated, hardworking and responsive. Providing clients with the best representation possible is my top priority.”
Kate is a real estate development and corporate attorney. She primarily represents property owners and developers with respect to real estate development projects, including land use and zoning relief, as well as the preparation of condominium and planned community documentation.
Kate is driven, dedicated, hard-working, and responsive. She takes great pride in representing her clients’ interests to the fullest, whether advocating for approval of a development project before the community and the zoning board, or negotiating the most favorable terms possible for the sale of a corporate client’s assets.
When not at work, Kate enjoys spending time with her husband and son, reading, playing and watching sports, and going to the beach. She is also proficient in Spanish, which allows her to assist a wider pool of clientele.
Kate practices in all areas of real estate law, including land use and zoning. She assists property owners, developers, and investors in real estate acquisition, the drafting and negotiation of development agreements, the drafting and preparation of planned community and condominium documents as well as the preparation of deeds. Kate also has experience representing clients before the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment and the zoning hearing boards of surrounding townships and municipalities as well as facilitating discussions between developers and other governmental departments and agencies.
Additionally, Kate represents new and emerging companies, nonprofits and for-profit corporations, and health care entities with respect to entity formation, contract drafting and negotiation, asset purchases and sales, mergers, acquisitions, regulatory compliance, private equity and venture capital funding, contracts for employment, management and consulting and joint ventures.
A recent sampling of her real estate and corporate and work includes:
- Representation of a developer in the approval process, including at the community level, zoning and Civic Design Review, for a mixed use project containing over 100 residential units, commercial space, and community space;
- Preparation of master and junior planned community and condominium documentation for a large mixed-use development, including single-family residential units, condominium units, and commercial units;
- Representation of a large religious nonprofit in obtaining use approval for senior center.
- Refinancing and corporate restructuring for a commercial printing company;
- $100 Million investment for a legal funding company; and
- Representation of investor group with respect to large hotel development project, including documentation of multiple investment rounds, RCAP funding and development agreements.
Recognized by her peers for her work, Kate was named to the list of “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 by Super Lawyers, a publication of Thomson Reuters which recognizes only 2.5% of attorneys.
A maxima cum laude graduate of La Salle University, Kate serves on the La Salle University Alumni Board of Directors as well as the La Salle University Bucks County Alumni Leadership Team. She also serves as a hearing committee member for the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board.
While in law school, Kate served as an editor for the Drexel Law Review and was the recipient of the Best Oral Argument Award; Best Student Performance Award (Litigation Drafting), and Best Paper Award (Torts II Final Examination).
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.