“I like to treat my clients like friends.”
Eric Freedman focuses his practice on litigation, business and finance, and real estate services. As an attorney, Eric finds creative solutions to complex legal issues and has a long-held passion for helping others through his skills and experience.
Eric’s clients value his level-headed, cost-effective attitude toward achieving solutions, taking the time to get to know his clients and to understand their individual legal needs. As he describes his approach, Eric begins every new client meeting with determining what the client wants or needs to be satisfied and then focuses his energy toward achieving or exceeding that goal, rather than merely toward “winning.”
When he is not working on his family’s house and spending time with his wife and daughter, Eric enjoys the great outdoors, hiking and skiing, and playing soccer, golf, and tennis. Eric also considers himself a foodie and enjoys trying new restaurants.
Eric’s practical, client-centered attitude dates back to his time in law school. Here is a story he tells that illustrates his interest in serving his client’s greatest, long-term goals:
- In law school, most of my colleagues joined journals or existing clinics. Instead, I saw a need for a new clinic to support small businesses and start-up companies in New York. I took the time to prepare a request for a grant, met with potential investors, and sat in on meetings with the school’s administration to design the clinic. I launched a small-business-focused clinic my final year of law school. The Clinical Legal Education Association awarded me the Outstanding Student Award for my efforts and for participating in the clinic’s inaugural semester.
Prior to joining Obermayer, Eric was involved in law in a variety of capacities. His experience includes work as a litigation associate, legislation research assistant, and paralegal. He has extensive experience in representing land developers, condominium and community association boards of directors, and commercial and residential landlords and tenants in real estate acquisition, leasing, land use, and negotiations.
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Community Association Institute Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, mentor