“I like to treat my clients like friends by putting my heart into resolving their issues.”
Eric focuses his practice on litigation, business and finance, and real estate services. As an attorney, Eric finds creative solutions to complex legal issues and has a long-held passion for helping others through his skills and experience.
Eric’s clients value his initial level-headed, cost-effective attitude toward achieving solutions, while also possessing an unrelenting persistence in obtaining the client’s relief. Eric takes the time to get to know his clients and to understand their individual legal needs. Eric begins every new client meeting with determining what the client wants or needs to be satisfied and then focuses his energy toward achieving or exceeding that goal, rather than merely toward “winning.”
When he is not taking on DIY projects around his house and spending time with his wife and daughter, Eric enjoys the great outdoors, hiking and skiing, and playing soccer, golf, and tennis. Eric also considers himself a foodie and enjoys trying new restaurants.
Eric has tried dozens of real estate and commercial matters in bench trials, arbitrations, and before administrative panels to favorable verdict. When taking discovery and preparing for trial, Eric subscribes to the “leave no page unturned” outlook, allowing him to master the underlying facts.
Some of Eric’s representative matters include:
- Successfully defending an action to revoke a real estate agent’s license revocation before the New Jersey Real Estate Commission.
- Secured and collected on six-figure judgment on behalf of property development company against large-name restaurateur.
- Successfully defending on behalf of developer a zoning appeal brought by Registered Community Organization at Commonwealth Court level.
- Represented a National Hockey League player in a contract dispute with his former agent.
- Obtained dismissal of claims brought against a corporation and its employee by the employee’s former employer, asserting violations of a covenant not to compete.
- Secured a favorable, nominal settlement payout on behalf of a general contractor in a failure to disclose and construction defect claim brought by third party purchaser of an investment property.
- Defense of a major telecommunications provider in an action brought by a municipality asserting breach of contract.
In his practice, Eric represents business enterprises of all sizes, individuals, general and subcontractors, real estate agents and other licensed professionals, property owners and land developers, both domestic and international, as well as the boards of directors and property managers of condominiums and planned communities.
Prior to joining Obermayer, Eric was involved in law in a variety of capacities. His experience includes work as a litigation associate, legislative research assistant, and consumer advisor for the Vermont Attorney General’s Office.
Eric received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation, given to attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Large Firm Associates Committee
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Community Association Institute Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, mentor
*Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.