“Above all else I value and believe in 100% honesty. This thing doesn’t work if we’re not prepared to be honest with each other.”
Arsenio is a senior associate in Obermayer’s Labor & Employment Department. He focuses his practice on defending clients in single-plaintiff, class and collective action lawsuits, for failure to pay proper wages, overtime, and commissions. Arsenio also represents clients in labor and employment related litigation, including claims of discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, failure to accommodate disabilities, family and medical leave violations, retaliation, and breach of contract.
Arsenio also has broad experience in drafting contracts including settlement agreements, tolling agreements, and confidentiality stipulations, as well as preparing and defending witness depositions. Arsenio prides himself in his real world honesty. He explains to his clients everything they should consider (costs, consequences, risk, etc.) at every stage of a matter including prior to, during, and after the conclusion of litigation.
When not working, Arsenio enjoys spending time with his wife, son, and twin girls. Besides watching sports, he likes to do work around the house, to cook, and to write fiction.
As a problem solver, Arsenio has successfully handled numerous legal situations that have either forced him to think quickly or given him the opportunity to work with others to solve problems. As a former District Attorney and active civil litigator, Arsenio has amassed over ten years of courtroom experience, including numerous hearings, oral arguments, conferences, arbitrations, and mediations and has litigated and/or settled over 200 employment law matters ranging from wage and hour issues to discrimination and retaliation. Some of his most notable cases include:
- Tried and earned a verdict in his clients’ favor in a civil federal wage case in the Southern District Court of New York.
- Negotiated, administered, and received court approval on multiple six to seven figure settlements.
- Drafted, argued, and obtained favorable decisions on behalf of his clients on various federal and state court motions.
- Appeared in front of numerous federal and state court judges for oral arguments, settlement conferences, status conferences, and approval conferences.
- Worked with JAMS and AAA on mediations and various arbitration matters.