“I am an advocate at heart and am zealous about my cause. I am responsive and compassionate toward my clients, have an incredible memory and always make sure my clients feel understood, undisturbed, and knowledgeable about their cases and legal issues every step of the way.”
Alexxys focuses her practice on representing insured and self-insured entities in various litigation matters, including premises liability and commercial disputes, and the defense of professionals, such as real estate agents, home inspectors, and architects. She has successfully litigated automobile accident cases and uninsured and underinsured motorist cases, particularly assisting in the obtaining of a complete defense verdict in a UM/UIM case on behalf of an insurer. Additionally, Alexxys represents clients in intellectual property and entertainment law matters.
Alexxys is a skilled negotiator, and particularly effective at identifying key issues, developing consensus, and resolving disputes by crafting solutions that address the needs of all the stakeholders involved. She believes that litigation requires a specialized form of thinking and a distinct combination of understanding yet competitiveness, which she thoroughly enjoys.
When not working, Alexxys enjoys visiting new brewpubs and sampling their craft brews, spending time with her wife and family, reading autobiographies, golfing, or playing softball.
Alexxys has taken and defended numerous depositions, as well as drafted discovery materials, pleadings, briefs, and a variety of other legal documents. Some of her most notable cases include:
- Prepared complaint and additional prosecutorial documents for a commercial litigation matter regarding intentional interference with contractual relations, civil conspiracy, and breach of contract in relation to a professional consulting agreement.
- Sat second-chair in a breach of contract matter involving a copyright dispute over authorship of music, which resulted in a favorable settlement for her client prior to verdict.
- Conducted document review of large client productions for privileged and/or work product documents and created privilege logs for same, notably in a professional liability matter involving an architect.
- Prepared pre-trial filings such as motions in limine, settlement conference memoranda and pre-trial disclosures; most notably in a copyright infringement action concerning an architectural home design.
- Prepared responses to motions in limine, proposed jury instructions, jury interrogatories and conducted voir dire of a breach of contract case involving a popular recording artist and a related copyright infringement claim.
- Composed non-disclosure agreements for intellectual property of entertainment clients; most notably regarding a trade secret of a distinct Italian water ice recipe.
- Prepared and responded to all legal pleadings and written discovery, took and defended depositions, argued discovery motions, arbitrated and assisted in trial preparation of insurance defense cases including but not limited to slip and falls, automobile accidents and underinsured/uninsured motorist claims under the Pennsylvania motor vehicle financial responsibility law.
- Assisted Delaware partner in reviewing client documents and creating a privilege log (through e-discovery platform Relativity) in a large corporate insider trading matter.
- Drafted and responded to written discovery in real estate professional liability actions ranging from common law negligence to violations of the federal Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Prepared legal pleadings, compiled and organized discovery documents and assist in other trial preparation for subrogation claims in common law negligence, strict products liability and admiralty/maritime law.
- Represented clients in additional jurisdictions, via pro hac vice and local counsel, at both the state and federal levels for subrogation claims, including but not limited to Connecticut, Massachusetts and Ohio.
Alexxys is passionate about her involvement in the Pennsylvania Bar Association. Currently, she is Secretary and Copyright Committee Chair of the Intellectual Property Section and a member of the Women in the Profession Committee
Alexxys is also a volunteer arbitration panelist for the First Judicial District of Philadelphia, Compulsory Arbitration Program, and a volunteer attorney for the Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, providing low-cost and pro bono legal assistance to artists, musicians and other creative individuals and companies in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas.
As a law student, Alexxys served as Treasurer of the Intellectual Property Society and as a member of the Transactional Law Honor Society and Alternative Dispute Resolution Society, competing in intra and interscholastic competitions.