“My brand of service involves truly getting to know my clients and their personal and professional livelihoods. In my practice, building and maintaining meaningful relationships comes first.”
Alex primarily focuses his practice on counseling management in all aspects of labor relations and employment law. He counsels clients on state and federal employment laws, including discipline, termination, reductions-in-force, document retention, family and medical leave, reasonable accommodation under the ADA, NLRB, workers’ compensation, compliance, and wage and hour issues. Alex also devotes his practice to a variety of commercial litigation matters, including conducting legal research and drafting legal motions and memoranda.
When he isn’t working, Alex enjoys running, golfing, tabletop gaming, creative writing, cooking (particularly Northern Italian food), volunteering, and exploring the world around him – especially traveling off the beaten path and discovering new mom and pop shops and restaurants, niche neighborhoods and towns, quirky festivals and events, and other hidden gems.
Prior to joining Obermayer, Alex served as a law clerk for the Hon. Correale F. Stevens in the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, where his duties included observing oral argument sessions, responding to petitions for allowance of appeal, researching law, and drafting judicial opinions. He also served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Berle M. Schiller in the U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
While in law school, Alex was a senior editor for the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law. He also participated in Street Law, teaching the Bill of Rights to inner-city elementary school students, and the Prisoners Education Advocacy Program, teaching foundational legal topics and staging mock trials for correctional facility inmates.
Alex’s most notable work includes:
- Obtaining favorable settlement for a major university in a disability discrimination, retaliation, and failure to accommodate action filed by a former student;
- Defending an entertainment venue against multiple simultaneous federal and state wage and hour arbitrations filed by independent contractor performers;
- Guiding a shopping center owner through a public accommodations lawsuit and overseeing repairs through to compliance with federal and state disability discrimination laws;
- Preparing federal and state affirmative action plans and ensuring continued receipt of governmental contracts for a healthcare services provider with nationwide operations; and
- Creating employment and resource sharing agreements for a local nonprofit seeking to establish a public charity.
Alex has volunteered with the First Tee Foundation, served as a board observer with the Education Law Center, planned and facilitated events for Equality PA, and provided pro bono legal services through the Homeless Advocacy Project and Philly VIP.