PHILADELPHIA, PA—September 7, 2012--Six attorneys from Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 (copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.).
Obermayer’s attorneys selected for inclusion are:
Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Charles M. Golden – Mr. Golden has been recognized in Best Lawyers since 2011. He is also listed in Litigation – Bankruptcy. He is a partner and chairman of Obermayer’s Creditors’ Rights, Bankruptcy and Financial Reorganization Department. He has more than 40 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy reorganization.
- Ann G. Verber – Ms. Verber has been recognized in Best Lawyers since 2007. For 2013, she was selected in both the Family Law and Family Law Mediation specialties. Verber is of counsel with Obermayer and is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, where she served as co-chair of the Pennsylvania Chapter’s Committee on Admissions, and is a master member of the Nicholas Cipriani Inn of Court for Family Law.
- Robert I. Whitelaw – Mr. Whitelaw has been included in Best Lawyers since 1995. In the 2011 edition, he was named “Lawyer of the Year – Philadelphia – Family Law.” Only one attorney in each practice area in each community receives this distinction. Whitelaw is managing partner of the firm and co-chairman of the Litigation Department.
Trusts and Estates
- Paul C. Heintz – Mr. Heintz has been recognized in Best Lawyers since 1989. He is a partner and member of the firm’s Trusts & Estates Department. Heintz has more than 30 years of experience in all areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, Orphans’ Court litigation, and fiduciary and tax law.
- Nina B. Stryker – Ms. Stryker has been named in Best Lawyers since 2008. For 2013, she is also selected in Litigation – Trusts & Estates. She is a partner and chair of Obermayer’s Trusts & Estates Department. Stryker’s practice is devoted exclusively to estate and trust law, with an emphasis on estate related litigation. In addition, she has considerable experience in all phases of estate and trust administration.
Land Use & Zoning Law
- Louis B. Kupperman – This is Mr. Kupperman’s first listing in Best Lawyers. Kuperman is partner-in-charge of the firm’s Berwyn, PA office, and a member of the firm’s Litigation, Business and Finance and Regulatory, Administrative and Gaming Departments. He has more than 25 years’ experience in complex federal and state court trial and appellate litigation, real estate development, corporate and business law, project finance, and administrative and regulatory law.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in with more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”