PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA--MARCH 18, 2013--Obermayer’s Labor Relations Practice Group Chair Michael Pepperman will be a speaker at the American Conference Institute’s (ACI) National Advanced Forum on Nation Labor Relations Board (NLRB) & Labor Law Disputes and Litigation in New York City on March 21-22, 2013. The conference is devoted entirely to the unique challenges companies face when dealing with both union and non-union work forces and is led by an unparalleled faculty of the nation’s most experienced in-house counsel, labor officials, and law firms.
Pepperman will discuss “Successful Strategies for Managing and Defending Against Claims Before the NLRB” during the Labor Litigator Toolkit Part I session on Friday morning, March 22. With the recent changes occurring with the NLRB, labor-management relations has become the main concern for companies with both union and non-union workforces. The new NLRB will drastically alter the labor relations landscape.
Key points of Pepperman’s discussion will include:
- Strategies for ensuring compliance with the National Labor Relations Act and preventing claims of Unfair Labor Practices (ULP)
- Best practices and procedural advice for defending against claims before the NLRB and Administrative Law Judges
- Successfully managing ULP cases before the NLRB
- Understanding what employer activity will lead to ULP charges
- Working with regional field offices and the General Counsel following the filing of ULP claims
- Determining if and when to settle claims
Pepperman focuses his practice exclusively on the representation of management in all aspects of labor relations and employment law. Recognized by his peers for his work, Pepperman was named one of the Top 100 Labor Attorneys in the United States by the Labor Relations Institute and was selected as one of "Pennsylvania's Rising Stars ®" as listed in Philadelphia magazine and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers."