iStock child travel 13032984_A divorced parent who is traveling abroad with his or her children has additional hurdles to overcome before leaving for the trip.  To insure that the experience is memorable from the start, make sure to follow these easy travel tips.  Every person who will be travelling outside of the United States, including a minor under the age of 18, must obtain and travel with a valid United States passport.  In order for a minor to apply for and obtain a United States passport, he or she must apply in person with both parents.  Child passports cannot be obtained or renewed by mail. (Continue reading).