You don’t! Unlike several other states, Pennsylvania does not require separating parties to go to court and request that a judge issue a formal decree separating the parties. Rather, separating parties in Pennsylvania may enter in to private agreements, setting forth the terms of their separation. Common issues that arise during the separation period are temporary support (child and spousal), child custody schedules, debt payment, interim bills, expenses and other finances, and medical insurance.

You can read the full post, view and subscribe to the blog by going to