Thomas T. Hearn
Print This Page
Thomas T. Hearn concentrates his practice in labor and management relations, employment discrimination and employee contracts. Mr. Hearn has extensive experience in equal employment opportunity cases before state and federal agencies, employment discrimination litigation, and unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board.
Mr. Hearn is named as a 2010 Pennsylvania’s “Rising Stars” as listed in both the Philadelphia magazine (June 2010) and the Thomson Reuters, Legal magazine, “Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®” (June 2010 edition). Rising Stars are chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Thomson Reuters, Legal as being among the top-up-and-coming lawyers in the Commonwealth. Only 2.5 percent of Pennsylvania attorneys receive this honor each year. Mr. Hearn previously received this honor in years 2006 and 2008.
Mr. Hearn is the co-author of Flat-Rate Fees Paid to Sales Associates Are “Commissions” Sufficient To Be Exempt From Fair Labor Standards Act’s Overtime Pay Requirements” (Wage and Hour Institute, 2010); “Avoiding ADA Lawsuits and Keeping Workers Safe,” Construction Executive, April 2006; and “Terminate a Disabled Employee under the Direct Threat Exception of the ADA,” Mid-Atlantic Builder, May/June 2006.
International Motor Coach Group, Inc., Heads-Up Hiring and Termination Without Litigation, February 23, 2010, Las Vegas, NV
American Bus Association, Marketplace 2011, Harassment Recognition and Prevention in the Work Place, January 8, 2011, Philadelphia, PA
American Bus Association, Marketplace 2011, Managing Without Interference and the Employee Free Choice Act, January 9, 2011, Philadelphia, PA
International Motor Coach Group, Inc., Employment Practices Liability Insurance - - Kicking the Tires; and, Conducting Effective Internal Investigations, January 18, 2011, Tampa, FL
Professional & Civic Activities
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
American Bar Association
Homeless Advocacy Project
Related Articles & Publications
Related Firm News
Related Blogs Posts
- NLRB SETS ASIDE UNION ELECTION ON TECHNICAL VIOLATION OF QUICKIE ELECTION RULE
- US DOL AND PA DOL PARTNER TO PREVENT EMPLOYEE MISCLASSIFICATION
- Christmas in July: The NLRB Delivers Another Gift To Help Unions Organize Employees
- NLRB’s General Counsel Makes Dramatic Move to Protect Unions from Being Ousted, Even by Employees Election
- Spring Cleaning – Check Your Background Disclosure Form For FCRA Violations
- Workplace Scents and Sensibility
- NLRB Rules that Racism is a Protected Activity
- Congress Acts To Help Employers That Are Compelled By State Or Local Laws To Exclude Employees With Certain Criminal Histories
- NLRB and DOL Gang Up On Employers with Referral System
- Here We Go Again: The NLRB Resurrects “Quickie Election” Rule
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.