Print This Page
Taranae Hashemi is an associate attorney who focuses her practice on all stages of complex civil litigation. Hashemi has been involved in defending a number of catastrophic loss and wrongful death cases. Her practice consists largely of insurance defense, focusing on construction, premises liability, and trucking & transportation litigation.
In law school, Hashemi participated in the Civil Immigration Practice Law Clinic where she defended low-income individuals involved in immigration proceedings and was recognized for her superior legal writing skills. Later, she served as law clerk to the Honorable Francis J. Orlando, A.J.S.C. and Justice Lee A. Solomon, J.S.C. within the New Jersey Judiciary, gaining valuable insight into civil litigation, municipal appeals, and zoning and planning board challenges.
Ms. Hashemi is committed to community and charitable service. She has been very active within the Greater Delaware Valley Chapter of the National MS Society; participating annually in the City-to-Shore Charity Ride and serving as Chair of the Preakness at the Piazza benefit for Multi-ple Sclerosis, through which she has helped to over $1,000,000 to benefit the battle against MS. She is also a fervent presenter and lecturer. She has been asked to lecture at numerous construction and general liability conferences, in addition to presenting CLEs to insurers across the nation. When she is not presenting, Ms. Hashemi takes pride in writing articles on nuanced areas of law which pose concern for her clients.
Professional & Community Activities
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Philadelphia VIP
- Defense Research Institute
- 2018 Construction Conference: Must-Knows About Employer Liability, The Exclusivity Rule, Precluding Third-Party Litigation, and Indemnification
- 2018 Annual Conference: Mass Catastrophe and Litigation: Mitigating Exposure Before and After Tragedy Strikes Through Efficient Use of Litigation Tactics, Media Presence, and Drones
- 2017 Construction Conference: The $227 Million Dollar Settlement & How to Avoid It
- 2018 Course Instructor: Negotiation Strategies for Claims Professionals
- 2018 Course Instructor: Fraudulent Claims: Identification, Investigation, and Litigation
Related Firm News
Related In the Community
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.