Rebecca L. Warren
Print This Page
An experienced litigator, Ms. Warren’s career spans over 25 years in civil and criminal prosecutions and investigations. She is known for her strategic and creative approach to resolving disputes, and has significant experience handling trial and appellate work.
Prior to joining Obermayer, Ms. Warren was District Attorney of Montour County from 2012-2016. Notably, she was the first woman elected as District Attorney in the County, winning the race by a 3-1 margin. As the only attorney in the one-person District Attorney’s office, she was responsible for all trial and appellate work, in state and federal court, for the County. Most recently, Rebecca was a candidate in the Republican Primary for Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Today, Ms. Warren regularly represents clients in white collar crime and civil litigation, internal investigations, business compliance, government investigations, and the legal aspects of crisis management. Ms. Warren believes the practice of law is about people - her clients. She focuses on results and is strategic in her approach to handling litigation with an emphasis on her clients' business and legal objectives. Some of Ms. Warren’s career highlights include:
- Created multi-disciplinary investigative team for child abuse cases to minimize trauma to minor victims and to more effectively prosecute and provide services to minor victims.
- Selected as solicitor for various non-profit organizations and government agencies as a result of outstanding record of legal ability, work ethic, problem-solving skills, and capacity to interact with and relate well to persons of varying socioeconomic and educational backgrounds.
- Appointed by Court as arbitration panel member and chairperson to hear, weigh and decide litigated civil cases.
- Authored first Columbia County Child Abuse Protocol and trained law enforcement in procedure to minimize trauma to child victims.
Ms. Warren also believes in giving back to the community. She has dedicated countless hours to serving on various boards of directors as well as actively participating in charitable organizations, community and professional organizations.
Professional & Community Activities
- Pennsylvania District Attorneys' Association
- American Association of Prosecuting Attorneys
- National Sheriffs' Association
- Pennsylvania Sheriffs' Association
- Deputy Sheriffs' Association of Pennsylvania
- PCCD VOCA Reviewer
- Criminal Justice Advisory Board, Past Member
- Montour County Prison Board, Former Member and Solicitor
- Vehicular Crimes Prosecutor Network, Past Member
- Fight Crime: Invest in Kids
- Danville Neighborhood Watch Program, Past Member
- Local Policy Board, Past Chairperson,
- P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization), Member, Past President, Past Recording Secretary
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals, Past Member
- MMI College Preparatory School Board Member, Past Secretary, Past Vice-President
- Montour DeLong 4-H Volunteer
- Grange Member
- Phi Kappa Phi
- League of Voters, Member
- Maria Joseph Manor Continuing Care Community, Past Board Member
- Presbyterian Church, Past Clerk of Session
- Family Mental Health Counseling, Past Chairperson
- Greater Danville Area Industrial Development Corporation, Past Solicitor
- Montour County Planning Commission, Past Solicitor
- Montour County Conservation District, Past Legal Advisor
- Montour County Commissioners, Former Special Counsel
- Bloomsburg YMCA, Past Board Member
- Bloomsburg Traveling Library, Past Board Merither
- Bloomsburg Public Library, Outstanding Capital Campaign Fundraiser
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Past Volunteer
- Rotary Service Above Self Award
- UM/UIM Arbitrator
- Celebrity Waiter for PA State Police Camp Cadet
- Celebrity Waiter for Danville Child Development Center
- Celebrity Dancer for the Aphasia Center
- Celebrity Singer for Law Enforcement Scholarship Fund
- VIP Dairy, Mini-Horse and Goat Showmanship for 4-H
- PA Title Insurance License
- Former Notary Public (relinquished upon election to office)
- Speaker, DUI Moving Memorial September 2015, DUI Enforcement and Need for Stricter Recidivist Laws
- Seminar Presenter, Temple University Institute of Protective Services, May 2014, Restitution: It's All About the Money (Creative Methods to Compensate Elderly Crime Victims)
- Guest Speaker, League of Voters, May 2014, Meth Labs and Heroin: Dangers in Our Neighborhoods
- Speaker, PA Crimes Victims' Rights Rally, PA Office of Victim Advocate, April 2014, Crime Victim and Prosecutor. Loss of My Father and Brother — Victims of Double Homicide by Vehicle
- Guest Speaker, PA Sheriffs' Association, March 2014, The Honorable and Historical Office of Sheriff
- Presenter, Danville Area School District, March 2014, Dangerous Drugs in Our Midst
- Testimony at Committee on Aging and Older Adult Services, PA House of Representatives, Financial Exploitation of and Drug Diversions from the Elderly, December 2014
- Speaker, Anthony Township Association, October 2013, Dangerous Drugs in Our Midst
Related Firm News
Related Blogs Posts
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.