Print This Page
Pauline Markey focuses her practice on United States federal income tax – including corporate and partnership tax, tax-exempt entities, tax controversy, and executive compensation. She has significant experience translating complex tax issues for general business application and providing practical tax advice to CFOs and other stakeholders. She specifically provides tax advice and planning for small to mid-sized companies, as well as sophisticated tax memorandums, opinions, and private letter rulings.
Ms. Markey’s experience includes the following:
- Advised start-up and middle market companies on executive compensation plans and structuring nonqualified deferred compensation plans through the use of phantom stock and restricted stock plans
- Represented a CEO and his business in a $4 million settlement of a tax audit with the elimination of fraud penalties, along with a significant reduction in accuracy-related penalties
- Obtained favorable long-term capital gain treatment for an executive in a $15 million patent transaction
- Supervised the legal entity rationalization of a multinational chemical manufacturing company with a project budget of $2 million
- Led the simultaneous acquisition and sale of a business line with a purchase price of more than $11 billion
Ms. Markey also has over a decade of AM Law 100 and big four accounting firm experience, including time spent working with stakeholders of private and public entities.
Professional & Community Activities
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Former President and Trustee, Overbrook Preschool and Kindergarten Board of Trustees
- Former board member, Kaiserman
Related Firm News
Related Blogs Posts
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.