Benjamin L. Pratt
Print This Page
Benjamin Pratt focuses his practice is in the areas of employment, labor and construction law for school districts, municipal entities and private employers. He advises and represents his clients on a variety of legal issues, including:
- Employee hiring and employment contracts/agreements
- Disciplinary actions, demotions and terminations
- Labor disputes and arbitrations
- Grievance proceedings
- Unfair labor practice proceedings and appeals
- Licensing disputes
- Drafting of policies and administrative regulations
- Application of EEOC, ADA, FMLA, IDEA, PERA and FLSA
Mr. Pratt is adept in his representation of management at the collective bargaining table and serves as both chief spokesperson and in an advisory role. He represents his clients at local agency hearings, administrative tribunals and in quasi-judicial hearings as Special Counsel before the PA Labor Relations Board and the National Labor Relations Board.
Prior to working in private practice, Mr. Pratt was the Director of Employee Relations Services for the Pennsylvania School Board Association, where he advised more than 500 member school districts on Public School Code and related regulations. He represented schools in labor and grievance arbitrations, dismissal hearings, insurance subrogation claims, unemployment and workers compensation claims, Court of Common Pleas and Appellate level litigation.
He also served as a law clerk for the Hon. Charles P. Mirarchi Jr. in the Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia.
Professional & Community Activities
- PA School Board Solicitors Association, Regional Director for Region 6
- North American Association of Educational Negotiators
- Associated Builder & Contractors - Keystone Chapter, Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- Speaker - PSBA Institute for Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations
Related CLE Seminars
Related Firm News
- Obermayer Partner Speaks at PA Bureau of Mediation and PA Labor Relations Board Joint Conference
- Obermayer Partner Speaks at Mid-East PASBO Regional Conference
- Obermayer Partner Speaks at PASA/PSBA
- Obermayer Partner Speaks at PA Association of Private School Administrators
- Obermayer Partner Speaks at PA Bureau of Mediation
- Obermayer Partner Presents at PA Labor Relations Board and Bureau of Mediation Joint Conference
Related Blogs Posts
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.