Katherine E. Missimer
Print This Page
Katherine Missimer is a well-rounded attorney who practices in several diverse areas of the law. Her primary practice area, however, is corporate and business law. Ms. Missimer’s practice focuses on representing businesses, including new and emerging companies, nonprofits and for profit corporations and health care entities. She provides her clients with advice regarding regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital funding, asset purchase and sales agreements, contracts for employment, management and consulting, and profit and nonprofit entity formation. A recent sampling of her work includes handling a(n):
- Asset purchase agreement with a commercial printing company
- Hospital’s acquisition of a group medical practice
- Refinancing and corporate restructuring for a commercial printing company
- $100 Million investment for a legal funding company
- Multi-round funding for restaurant franchise investment group
Although Ms. Missimer focuses her practice in all areas of business law, she also calls upon her experience in real estate law, including in the areas of land use & zoning. She assists property owners, developers & investors in the drafting and negotiation of development agreements, the drafting and preparation of planned community and condominium documents as well as the preparation of deeds of subdivision, consolidation, easement, confirmation and correction. Ms. Missimer also has experience representing clients before the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment and the zoning hearing boards of surrounding townships and municipalities.
Recognized by her peers for her work, Ms. Missimer was named to the list of “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” in 2015, 2016 and 2017 by Super Lawyers, a publication of Thomson Reuters which recognizes only 2.5% of attorneys.
While in law school, Ms. Missimer served as an editor for the Drexel Law Review and was the recipient of the Best Oral Argument Award; Best Student Performance Award (Litigation Drafting), and Best Paper Award (Torts II Final Examination).
Ms. Missimer is also proficient in Spanish.
- Member, Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee
- La Salle University Alumni Association, Bucks County Chapter Leadership Committee
- BNI, Leadership Team, Educational Coordinator; Membership Committee
- American Bar Association; Young Lawyer's Division Business Law Committee
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Young Lawyer's Division
- Life & Health Compliance Association
- ABA Health Law Section and its ACO Task Force
- Business and Transactions Health Care Interest Group
- Physician Issues Interest Group
- Healthcare Fraud and Compliance Group
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter - Ownership Options: SPEs, Condominium and Planned Communities at American Institute of Architects Philadelphia
Related Articles & Publications
Related Firm News
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2018 PA Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Obermayer Attorneys Named To 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® And Rising Stars Lists
- Katherine Missimer Elected to La Salle University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Obermayer Attorneys Named To 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® And Rising Stars Lists
- Katherine Missimer Speaks at Women’s Business Forum
- Business Owners Try to “Stump the Lawyer”
- Katherine Missimer appointed to LaSalle University Alumni Leadership Committee
Related Newsletters & Law Alerts
- Net Neutrality: Will The Internet Still Be Open for Business As Usual?
- Surprising Shakeup in Construction Lending: New Law Kisses Kessler Goodbye
- Effects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act on Businesses: The Employer Mandate
- New Jersey Enacts Revised Limited Liability Company Act: What the Changes Mean for New and Existing NJ LLCs
Related Blogs Posts
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.