Hercules W. Grigos
Chair, Land Use & Zoning Group
Print This Page
Hercules W. Grigos is an entrusted advocate and counselor to his clients. He focuses his practice in real estate development with an emphasis on zoning and land use in which he handles permits, zoning approvals, sale acquisitions, financing and entitlement work. Mr. Grigos has distinguished himself as an attorney who gets deals done. Uniquely, he offers his clients the full breadth of legal services needed to get projects approved, constructed and stabilized.
Mr. Grigos represents a wide array of clients from small to large developers to businesses and individuals in the Greater Philadelphia region. Throughout his career, he has secured approvals for multi-million dollar projects including condominiums and apartment buildings, retail chains, educational institutions, car dealerships, national fast food chains, telecommunications facilities and outdoor advertising projects among others.
Prior to joining Obermayer, Mr. Grigos served as an assistant city solicitor for the City of Philadelphia Law Department with his focus on code enforcement, finance, contracts and real estate. This experience has enabled him to excel in administrative law and land use matters. Some of Mr. Grigos’ recent representations include:
- Assisting large townhome and high rise developers in connection with planning, zoning, historic, licensing and inspections and health department permitting.
- Handling zoning approval, land use, permitting and entitlement work for one of the largest resort casinos in North America; including working directly with legislative leaders to draft a Pennsylvania Senate Bill.
- Serving as local counsel for land use work for a national car manufacturer.
- Representing the developer of a 33-story mixed-use high-rise in Philadelphia, including obtaining variances and approvals for construction, negotiating and working with neighbors and civic associations, and drafting development agreements as part of winning their support for the project.
- Managing health department permitting in the opening of Philadelphia area bars and restaurants.
- Serving as local zoning counsel for the purchase of an approximately two-million square-foot warehouse project in Central Pennsylvania.
- Drafting and reviewing transactional documents for the purchasing of a major office building in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Grigos was named as one of the top young lawyers to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list as seen in both Philadelphia magazine (December 2008; June 2011; June 2015; June 2016; June 2017) and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® magazine (December 2008; June 2011; June 2015; June 2016; June 2017 editions). Rising Stars are chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Thomson Reuters, Legal as being among the top-up-and-coming lawyers in the Commonwealth. Only 2.5 percent of Pennsylvania attorneys receive this honor each year.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Building Industry Association of Philadelphia
- Development Workshop of Philadelphia
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- American Hellenic Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, 2004-2008
- St. George Cathedral Housing Corp., Member, Board of Directors
Related Articles & Publications
Related Firm News
- Obermayer’s Hercules Grigos Quoted in Plan Philly Article
- Obermayer Attorneys Named To 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® And Rising Stars Lists
- Obermayer Partner Presents at Building Industry Association of Philadelphia
- Obermayer Attorneys Named To 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® And Rising Stars Lists
- Hercules Grigos quoted on Philly.com on Family Dollar project
- Philly.com: Plans Shaping Up for Apartment Complex at 24th and Washington
- Hercules Grigos Quoted on PlanPhilly.Com on Renaissance Plaza Residential/Retail Complex
- Hercules Grigos quoted on Philly.com on Renaissance Plaza project
- Hercules Grigos quoted on Philly.com on Bella Vista development
- Hercules Grigos quoted on PlanPhilly.com
- Hercules Grigos quoted on Philly.com
- Hercules Grigos quoted on Philly.com
- Hercules Grigos Quoted on PlanPhilly.com
- Obermayer Announces Hercules W. Grigos Named as a Partner
- Hercules Grigos featured in BIA Voice Newsletter "Member Spotlight"
- Hercules W. Grigos quoted in Philadelphia Daily News
Related In the Community
- Obermayer Attorneys Present at Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Hercules Grigos Served as Faculty for the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Real Property Probate & Trust Law Retreat
- Obermayer Attorneys and RT Environmental Services Engineer Present at Environmental Seminar
- Obermayer's Hercules Grigos Speaks at AIA Event
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.