Dawn M. Tancredi
Print This Page
Dawn M. Tancredi focuses her practice on real estate development with an emphasis on zoning and land use, complex real estate transactions and real property taxes. Ms. Tancredi’s experience includes litigating real estate disputes and handling appeals before Pennsylvania’s appellate courts. She serves as co-chair of the Zoning, Land Use and Code Enforcement Committee of the Real Property Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association and teaches a class about real estate in the Construction Management Program of Drexel University’s College of Engineering.
She is a regular speaker and author on issues in her practice area. Her presentations include testifying by invitation of the Philadelphia City Council regarding demolition regulations and lecturing at numerous seminars presented by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. Ms. Tancredi’s articles include “Strike, You’re Out! How Zoning Codes are Being Invalidated” which was published in the Expert Analysis section of Law360 and “Philadelphia Demolition Regulations: One Year Later” which was published in the Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal.
Her representations include:
- Obtaining zoning approvals for largest Buddhist monastery on East coast. Three acre site in Philadelphia included approvals for five buildings for religious worship, dormitories and crematory.
- Arguing to the Court of Common Pleas that the Board of Revision of Taxes should have accepted a late application for a market value appeal as though it were timely filed, saving the taxpayer more than $50,000.
- Drafting and reviewing transactional documents for complex deals involving multiple properties and reverse 1031 exchanges.
- Assisting client in obtaining 10-year extension of KOEZ status of property.
Ms. Tancredi was recognized by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers as a 2013 and 2014 Pennsylvania Rising Star – which recognizes the top 2.5% of up-and-coming lawyers in Pennsylvania based on peer recognition and personal achievement.
She is accredited by the U.S. Green Building Council as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Green Associate, or “LEED GA,” which certifies her as having knowledge about Green Building requirements.
In addition, she is a volunteer for Philadelphia VIP, an organization that promotes equal justice for the poor by providing civil legal services not otherwise available. She was recognized for her work by the First Judicial District as a member of the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Pro Bono Rolls of Honor.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Tancredi was a shareholder at another Philadelphia law firm. Prior to that, she was a successful solo practitioner. Ms. Tancredi began her career clerking in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. While in law school, she served as the note/comment editor of The Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review.
Professional & Community Activities
- Zone Member, House of Delegates, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Co-Chair: Zoning, Land Use and Code Enforcement Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Secretary, The Lawyers’ Club of Philadelphia
- Past Member, Board of Governors, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Past President, St. Joseph’s University Law Alumni Association
- Past Board Member, The Justinian Society
- Volunteer, Philadelphia VIP
Related Articles & Publications
Related Firm News
- Dawn Tancredi Quoted on Philly.com on Philly Zoning Board of Adjustments Approvals of New Zoning
- Obermayer Attorneys Named to 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Dawn Tancredi Served as Co-planner of the Philadelphia Bar Association Zoning, Land Use & Code Enforcement Committee Meeting
- Dawn Tancredi quoted on Philly.com on appeal win of a Licenses & Inspections decision
- Dawn Tancredi quoted on Philly.com on demolition of old armory facing heightened scrutiny
- Dawn Tancredi Joins Obermayer
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.