Benjamin A. Waters
Print This Page
Benjamin A. Waters is a member of the firm’s Health Law Department, where he provides regulatory, compliance, and transactional advice to a broad range of health care clients, including hospitals, physician practice groups, behavioral health providers, skilled nursing facilities, and other health industry entities.
Mr. Waters has advised these clients on various matters including data privacy and security, HIPAA and state privacy laws, corporate compliance, the Stark Law, the False Claims Act, Anti-kickback statute, self-disclosure protocol submissions, and other day-to-day legal and risk issues. He has experience drafting and reviewing physician employment agreements, as well as professional service, supply chain, graduate medical education and other operational contracts. Additionally, Mr. Waters has counseled clients on the creation of joint ventures, the sale of various health entities, and hospital mergers. He also conducts internal investigations related to the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, federal and state false claims acts, Medicare and Medicaid billing, and HIPAA.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Waters served as a health law attorney for a national boutique health law firm. Preceding that he worked for a Philadelphia firm where he represented clients in various stages of complex civil litigation and the federal False Claims Act.
Professional & Community Activities
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association, member of Fraud and Abuse Practice Group
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2016 and 2017
Related Firm News
Related Blogs Posts
- Security Alert: New Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerabilities Impact Computer Processors to Expose Sensitive Information
- Fresh New Jersey Physical Therapy Rules for 2018
- Pennsylvania Legislature Exploring Court-Ordered Outpatient Treatment
- Corporate Actors Held Individually Accountable in Recent False Claims Act Settlement
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.