Alexander V. Batoff
Print This Page
Alexander V. Batoff focuses his practice on counseling management in all aspects of labor relations and employment law. He counsels clients on state and federal employment laws, including discipline, termination, reductions-in-force, document retention, family and medical leave, reasonable accommodation under the ADA, NLRB, workers’ compensation, compliance and wage and hour issues. Mr. Batoff also conducts legal research and drafts legal motions and memoranda on a variety of commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Batoff served as a law clerk for the Hon. Correale F. Stevens in the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, where his duties included observing oral argument sessions, researching law, and drafting judicial opinions. He also served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Berle M. Schiller in the U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
While in law school, Mr. Batoff was a senior editor for the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law. He also participated in Street Law, teaching the Bill of Rights to inner-city elementary school students, and the Prisoners Education Advocacy Program, teaching foundational legal topics and staging mock trials for correctional facility inmates.
Professional & Community Activities
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Related Articles & Publications
Related Firm News
Related Blogs Posts
- Employer-Mandated Fingerprinting May be Religious Discrimination
- Workers’ Comp Release Doesn’t Cover FMLA Claims, Says Third Circuit
- Preparing for New York Paid Family Leave: Fast Facts and Best Practices for Empire State Employers
- ERISA Religious Exemption Expanded: SCOTUS Says Church Affiliation is Enough
- Freelance Isn’t Free: New York City Reins in Independent Contractors, One Work Provider at a Time
- Every Manager and Their Mother: Second Circuit Shields Social Media Insults against Supervisor and His Entire Family
- Of Public Schools and Private Employers: Trump Reverses Direction on Male, Female and Gender Neutral Restrooms
- Season’s Greetings: Three Recent Wage and Hour Developments that Employers can be Thankful For
- Without a Box to Stand on: States May Lack Right to Fight EEOC Criminal History Guidance After All
- Pokémon No! A Strategy Guide on Handling the Latest Smartphone Craze in the Workplace
- Game Over, Man! Bankruptcies Trump Ongoing Obligations under Expired CBAs
- Uber Drivers to Remain Independent Contractors…For Now
- Lawsuit Bait: Reimagining the Revenant in Today’s Litigious World
- Should Auld Acquaintance be Forgot: Remembering Labor Relations and Employment Law for the New Year
- Browning-Ferris: The NLRB Redefines Joint-Employer Status
- Shots or Not? The Pros and Cons of Mandatory Workplace Flu Vaccination
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.